Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jobe Rogue Review Part 1

HortonHorton Posts: 28,332 Administrator
edited August 2012 in Reviews
I got a few rides on a Jobe Rogue a month ago and then sent that ski back. It is a long story but basically I liked that ski but it was not really in spec. I ran 5 @ 38 on it so clearly it was a good ski but since it was not a ski that a consumer would get I sent it back. I guess as a ski reviewer who does not pay for skis this is going to happen. If I was a paying customer it would not have happened.

A new ski showed up late last week and I got my first ride on it today. Unfortunately today is the only day I will get on it until I finish my review of another ski. That is the way the calendar falls and is out of my control.

So I mounted up the new Jobe as per Wayne Bryant who designed the ski. I run 3 at 3 @ 38 which is normal for the last few weeks. There is something about the finish of the off side that is different. I am not saying it is bad but it is different. I need a number of rides to understand.

Second set I took off the wing and ran 28 as well as I can, 32 easy as pie, two 35s pretty good and then to my shock I crushed a 38. I goofed my gate at 39 and ran inside 1 ball but this ski is for real.

I am going to suspend my review for a few weeks but for now I have to say if you are looking for a real high end design for only $999.99 take a look at https://usa.jobesports.com/slalom-skis/rogue/

A full review will be published when I can.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ McClintock's

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

Comments