Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pp/zo

LittleRipperLittleRipper Posts: 11 Baller
edited August 2012 in Skis Fins Bindings
I am looking to get a speed control for my boat. I mainly free ski but occasionally get in a course. What advantages would I get in zo that I wouldn't have in stargazer? Also is there any difference between the pp with the z box upgrade and zo?

Comments

• danbirchdanbirch Posts: 301 Baller
    edited August 2012
    The biggest advantage would be that ZO would better prepare you for tournaments (same pull you will get if you compete). If you aren't planning on ever participating in tournaments, I don't think it would matter.
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 1,155 Mega Baller
    ZO is also easier to drive. The only mistake you can make is not giving it enough throttle. With PP there is a sweet spot the driver has to hit. Not a big deal, but I have had issues with new drivers to my boat using PP. Since getting a new boat with ZO, I haven't had an issue.
    Kelvin Kelm, Lakes of Katy, Katy Texas
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,592 Mega Baller
    @Kelvin Not the only thing you can mess up with ZO. Don't forget to turn it on or you'll be zooming into the course!!!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • JC McCavitJC McCavit Posts: 498
    Kelvin makes a good point about ease of driving ZO v.s. PP Z-Box. The argument is only true if you have a new driver that has never driven PP Z-Box. In my opinion, if the driver is familiar with the system then there is no noticeable difference. One could also argue the opposite, if the driver has never driven ZO you may not get a good pull the first set.
    JC McCavit
  • usaski1usaski1 Posts: 739 Crazy Baller
    on the Z-box tangent, can someone explain how to change the 4 ball times, ect.. for fine tuning? I know I know, RTFM, but just real quick, what buttons do I press to make changes?
    Mark Turner -- Water skiing changed my life forever.
  • DanEDanE Posts: 885 Crazy Baller
    @LittleRipper
    If you have the option to go with both systems (i. e a boat from 2007 or newer) choose ZO!
    If you 're gonna try to emulate ZO with PP and Zbox you are in for some serious tweaking.