Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is causing a bruise on my front foot big toe?

oneskioneski Posts: 102 Baller
edited August 2012 in Skis Fins Bindings
I recently switched over from a Goode 9200 (with double high wraps) to a Goode 9800SL with Wiley double high wraps. I've been trying to get the ski dialed in with minor bindings and fin adjustments but I've been getting a painful bruise right under the toenail on my front foot big toe. Anyone know what might cause the bruise and how I can alliviate the pressure on my toe? The bindings feel snug (but not too tight) when I put the ski on.

Comments

• 6balls6balls Posts: 5,130 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    D3 leverage front is open toe...might work better for you.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • A_BA_B Posts: 4,141 Mega Baller
    as @6balls says, the Wiley has a closed toe and horshoe in front, if your toe slips into it, I would think it would get aggravated a little. I bet if you call Wiley they will offer some advise, and maybe another size to try... or else, go to an open front binding.
  • raynrayn Posts: 382 Baller
    That used to happen to me on my Animal which was an open toe. Switched to a strada and it stopped.
    Ray Newmark -
  • bajabaja Posts: 249 Baller
    Wiley's will cut the front binding to have an open toe by request. Make sure your toenail is trimmed short so it can't touch the front of the binding. If the toenail is getting pushed back towards the toe it will bruise under the nail at the base and if aggravated you will lose the nail.