Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Slot Fin / Yes - No ?

Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,035 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
edited August 2012 in Skis Fins Bindings
Is there any value in running the latest skis with the slot fin ?

When The Going Gets Tough, Get Stoked !

Comments

• eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,900 Infinite Pandas
    Try it and let us know!

My trusty old Horton fin will eventually go on every ski I spend a lot of time with.

Eric
  • SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,314 Mega Baller
    I've liked it on every ski I've tried it on (RCX, Z7, Z7ST & Elite). I've been on the stock Elite fin all this year, but will be giving the speed-slot a try again this fall.

I'm surprised more people don't use it. I suspect not being able to share setup info readily with others is an issue, as is the ever-present "set-it-and-leave-it" condemnnation lurking on docks everywhere.
    www.FinWhispering.com ... Your ski should be your dance partner, not a wrestling opponent
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,770 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    If the pros aren't using it, it likely isn't worth the time. Those guys make their living at this and would use anything that really helped.
  • estromestrom Posts: 512 Baller
    What's a slot fin? Any pics of one? Thanks.
  • SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,314 Mega Baller
    edited August 2012
    The Speed Slot Fin:

Excellent point, @Mr.Jones, and the main reason I spent this year on the stock fin. Still, I've liked it a lot in the past so will try it again during play time this fall. I can't help but wonder if it might have been better received if invented by someone else, like say Goode or LaPoint.
    www.FinWhispering.com ... Your ski should be your dance partner, not a wrestling opponent