Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did my "Diary" influence you to buy a Nano One?

Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,475 Mega Baller
edited August 2012 in Skis Fins Bindings
I see nearly 5000 views, so I'm finding myself very curious if this was unintentially influencial. Please understand: It never was nor is now my intention to sell any skis. Just being as honest as I can be about how I feel on it.
Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan

Did my "Diary" influence you to buy a Nano One? 52 votes

Yes. I wasn't planning to buy a new ski, but your experience made me decide to get a Nano One.
1% 1 vote
Yes. I was looking for a new ski, and your experience made me pick the Nano One.
1% 1 vote
Maybe. I was thinking of getting one, but your experience made the decision easier.
11% 6 votes
No. I didn't read any of your "Diary" or other comments about the ski.
11% 6 votes
No. But I'm thinking about it because of your comments.
17% 9 votes
No. Didn't want one and still don't after reading about your experience on it.
55% 29 votes

Comments

• estromestrom Posts: 512 Baller
    @than, you forgot a possible response...."No. Appreciated the diary, but don't have/don't plan on spending $2k on a new ski." Your diary was very good by the way. Appreciate your and Horton's reviews.
    mmarracwillygood
  • Pat MPat M Posts: 681 Crazy Baller
    Than, I am liking what you wrote in the diary about the Nano One. My wife is not (I think she hates you now).
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,475 Mega Baller
    Fair point. I actually meant for the last category to encompass that, but use of "want" was ... err ... less than ideal.

So please interpret that last choice to include "Not going to spend $2k on a ski even after reading about your experience on it."

@Horton Is there a way to edit poll choices? Ideal wording probably would be:

"No. I wasn't planning to buy one and still am not after reading about your experience on it."
    Btw, my own vote was for the first option, because I actually wasn't planning to get a new ski this year. My wife convinced me to try it (I know, tough life), and my experience on it sold it to me!
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,031 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I was on the waiting list and was very apprehensive, Thans Diary and Hortons Impressions, made me feel easier to part with 2k, mine should ship today, looking forward to skiing on it.
    Interesting that Horton wants to leave his bindings where they are and your happier with them back, style of skiing do you think ? or maybe binding setup ie: Double Boot or Front with RTP

When The Going Gets Tough, Get Stoked !

@Pat Yeah, I should have an option for "I am getting a divorce because of your #@$#!@ing Nano One Diary."
    @Stevie Boy I'm only back an 1/8", and I'm sure I could have made it work at stock. But in general I am getting a strong sense that binding placement is the most important customization on this ski. Horton and I have completely different shapes and skiing styles, and I suspect we would have been on different size/flex on any other ski. In some ways, I am imagining that binding placement is the equivalent of choosing a ski size.

I'll ramble on more about that if I ever get to collating all this stuff into an organized "review." It's too early for that now, though -- I haven't even gotten a new personal best yet! :) I need to spank a few more -38s to be sure of the details of my evaluation.
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,141 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @than if your diary eventually says you are running 50% of your 38's regardless of what you are getting at 39...it would be hard for me not to shoot a $2K trial balloon. As for now...the best skiing of my life is my first full season on the Razor. Still want more!! Having said that a good chunk of gains for me is better understanding, more thought, better technique, BOS, lots of discussion w/my brother, my bromance with @cowtipperguy (not really) etc. If I had relied on my head more than my power at a younger age maybe things would be different now...hopefully not too late and enough in the tank.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • slalomboy96slalomboy96 Posts: 72 Baller
    Question; is the Nano One that much better than a Strada or A2/A3 to warrent the $700.00 extra?
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,141 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Poll: how many increased buoys, on avg, would it take for you to plunk down $2K on the ski that could make it happen?
    I would pay $2K if it would take me from thru 35 to mid/deep 38 and the occasional complete 38 to thru 38 even 1/4 time, 1/2 time huge bonus. Let's call it 3-4 balls on avg, which on my avg days puts me thru 38 and my best days gets me very deep 39 where I've had 2 and 3 balls this year.
    Everyone is at a different spot...how many balls would justify $2K for you?
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    @6balls Very interesting. You might want to set that up as a "real" poll.

For me, it's +1 buoy to my "typical" score. (Note that that might translate to less than +1 on my max score.)

If they ski weren't clearly better, I'd send it back. But clearly better, even by a slim margin, is worth $2k to me. Note that I tend to keep a ski for at least 3 years, which in a way allows me to spend more for one when I do upgrade.