Orlando Ski Schools

skinutskinut Posts: 407 Baller
edited September 2012 in Technique & Theory
I am heading to Orlando for business next week. I was wondering if anyone had any favorite ski schools they would recommend. I have skied with Drew and Jodi Fisher. Both are great but I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for other coaches in the area.

Comments

• MattPMattP Posts: 5,979 Mega Baller
    edited September 2012
    I always will recommend Jodi he's a great coach and he has really helped my skiing over the past few years. Drew is also one coach I would recommend as well. Also if you want to try something new I would talk to Brooks Wilson great guy, skier and a good coach as well I have done a few sets with him as well.
  • fu_manfu_man Posts: 407 Crazy Baller
    I would ski with Lucky Lowe any day of the week.
  • cobbercobber Posts: 67 Baller
    I would second Brooks and KC wilson, great coaches with a real passion for the sport. They are a lot of fun and know their stuff. Skied with them a number of times with a number of different skiers and everyone was impressed.
    Killercwillygood
  • Ed_ObermeierEd_Obermeier Posts: 1,339 Crazy Baller
    Matt Rini's lake is literally 15 minutes from Orlando airport. I think the Wilson Bros operate out of his lake as well? Great coach, great guy, highly recommended.
    Ed Obermeier - owner, EZ-Slalom Course Systems
    www.ez-slalom.com
  • SkihackSkihack Posts: 448 Baller
    Mike Ferrarro comes to mind as well. I am thinking that he used to meet up at the OWC where they have a course along side the cable park.
  • LazLaz Posts: 320 Baller
    I had a great experience with Thomas Degasperi. He's just north of Disney.
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,979 Mega Baller
    @Ed When I skied with the bros in May it was at their home site not Matt's. Rini is a great coach I hear. I have not skied with him yet though.
  • rq0013rq0013 Posts: 551 Baller
    Wilson Bros!!
    Rob Quetschke
  • KillerKiller Posts: 368 ★★★★Quad Panda Award Recipient ★★★★
    @MattP I am thinking about skiing with the bros in October, can you tell me anything about the site they use? conditions and where in Otown it is? thx!
  • JoeMacJoeMac Posts: 47 Baller
    Does Tgas have a lake, website, and or a way to contact him?
  • MSMS Posts: 5,144 Mega Baller
    Lucky Rocks
    Shut up and ski
  • KillerKiller Posts: 368 ★★★★Quad Panda Award Recipient ★★★★
  • rq0013rq0013 Posts: 551 Baller
    House site or rini's site are both nice. They live on the same lake as Billy and one whole side is protected by trees and houses. Pretty much always have good conditions. Im going down there again in October after going in May.
    Rob Quetschke
  • GloersenGloersen Posts: 877 Crazy Baller
    @skinut; you want more buoys? A no non-sense approach? Someone who asks how can he get <12 yo's through 32 off? Not with a bunch of technical jargon but just basic principles; go see Rini.

http://www.mattrini.com/

I'm looking forward to the next time I can get down there again with good company.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file