Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ski Test Jobe Rogue Part II

HortonHorton Posts: 28,321 Administrator
edited September 2012 in Reviews
Ski tests for the second half of this season have been a little disjointed because of things out of my control. Example: I was almost ready to write a final review for one ski when United Airlines destroyed it so I am on to another ski.

I am back on the Jobe Rogue. I ran a 38 (which is really good for me) on it the last time I rode it before I restarted another review.

I went out on the Jobe last night for the first time in about 5 weeks. My first ride was a bit messy as I had to adjust my gate timing from the previous ski I was on. I ran ½ way down 38 but nothing to be excited about. After talking with ski partner Todd “FishEye” McBride I shifted my stance around on the ski a little and BOOM I got and awesome start at 38.

With the stock fin settings minus a wing I am finding that I really need to bring my center forward approaching off side to get the ski to finish as well as I need. This could perhaps be a fin / binding adjust but that will take a number of rides to work out. Hate to say it but maybe I need to put the wing back on. (this could ruin my reputation as the no wing guy)

I am a long way from characterizing this ski but I can say for sure at $999.99 is it is the best deal in high end skis today. https://usa.jobesports.com/slalom-skis/rogue/

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ McClintock's

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

Comments