Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fly Boarding

SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,314 Mega Baller
edited October 2012 in News & Other Stuff
This looks like too much fun ... for the lawyers!

www.FinWhispering.com ... Your ski should be your dance partner, not a wrestling opponent
luckyone

Comments

• luckyoneluckyone Posts: 68 Baller
    can i hook up my ski boattit in stead of a jet ski ?
  • mwetskiermwetskier Posts: 1,329 Mega Baller
    you prolly want the water deeper than the hose is long
    SkiJay
  • estromestrom Posts: 512 Baller
    There was a guy that brought one of these into McCovey cove during a Giants game. They had the TV cameras on him for several minutes. His power source was much smaller than a see-doo and he wasn't doing the crazy acrobatics. These guys are insane!
  • SDNAH2OSKIERSDNAH2OSKIER Posts: 309 Baller
    Looks cool, just wonder how long the thrill would last. Also, I can see someone nose diving into a pwc or worse someone losing control and the jet pinning them under the water..... I just get the feeling its not that safe, but I could be wrong.
    Doug Roberts San Diego, CA ski rating: 2 balls
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 1,169 Mega Baller
    Reminds me of the kite tubes from a few years ago. Those didn't last long on the market after seeing videos of the riders nosediving out of control.
    Kelvin Kelm, Lakes of Katy, Katy Texas
  • DirtDirt Posts: 1,609 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    edited October 2012
    Hard to get past the fact that you need a jet ski to do it.

This guy would probably buy one. He clearly got his man card revoked long ago

I can picture him flying up in the air with his CUTE little dogs attached to him
    I learned everything I know not to do from Horton
    Brady
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,926 Mega Baller
    Saw one in person, was pretty cool, but I seriously doubt I would subject the engine of any vehicle I owned to what that sounded like.
  • rodltg2rodltg2 Posts: 1,051 Crazy Baller
    Looks like there is a place that rents them here in Sacramento. Gonna have to give this thing a try before the weather turns. Mateo come on up try it with me!
  • Mateo_VargasMateo_Vargas Posts: 859 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Just more evidence that @Dirt wasn't taking pictures of cute dogs but really the truck in the background that he will later break into for a couple of D3s.
    Success is failure that just hasn't happened yet
  • BradyBrady Posts: 1,084 Mega Baller
    @SkiJay. No matter how boring that would get, to be the first one to try a flip with a probably 100 pound machine spewing water strapped to your back takes some serious balls! That flip was so cool!!!
    I ski, therefore I am
    SkiJaydonrz
  • DanEDanE Posts: 897 Crazy Baller
    Why is this called flyboarding?
  • WishWish Posts: 7,893 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Between the feet and the jets is a board I guess. And flying seems to be the main focus.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<