1997 Nautique

LkhopskiLkhopski Posts: 1 New Baller
edited October 2012 in Boat Talk
looking into buying a 97 Nautique. Good condition, perfect pass, heat etc... Anyone know of someone selling one or close to that year (newer preferably)

Comments

• Not_The_PugNot_The_Pug Posts: 663 Crazy Baller
    97 - 2001 are the same haul. So look for any of those years.
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,590 Mega Baller
    There was one on Dallas tx craigslist, 98
  • greghayesgreghayes Posts: 115 Baller
    There is a very well maintained 99 on SIA - http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&category=Comp_Boat&postid=21186.

I know the owner - very meticulous.
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 3,599 Mega Baller
    2000 and 2001 had the funky attempt at a trunk. most people that own those years dont even know that their back seat will open up.
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

crashmanMattP
  • jhughesjhughes Posts: 1,166 Mega Baller
    My 2000 doesn't have the trunk, which is nice. Then again it also has the 97-99 graphics as well so it's pretty unique.
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 3,599 Mega Baller
    edited October 2012
    Joel if it is a 2000 you might be one of those that dont realize your back seat will slide up.
    http://www.correctcraftfan.com/reference/2000_brochure/index.asp?page=13
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

I've got a fuel tank there and my back seat bottom comes out entirely. I'm special I guess.
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,905 Mega Baller
    @jhughes and @jodyseal I've also got a trunkless 2000. My entire seat is out and all that's there is an upholstered panel and behind that is the gas tank.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • KillerKiller Posts: 494 ★★★★Quad Panda Award Recipient ★★★★
    any pics of how that back seat comes up? I use a 2000 (red N like in the brochure) through the summer and I'm sure the owners have no idea......
  • bhsbhs Posts: 282 Baller
    The bottom of the seat slides out but the back will go up and is supported on gas shocks. The vinyl on mine sticks and I have to seperate it some times. It's really good for nothing and a pain to pull up. Doesn't surprise me to know that people don't know that it's there.
  • WishWish Posts: 8,463 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    If the trunk is there, where is the gas tank and is the tank smaller then my 97 ? Interesting.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • crashmancrashman Posts: 722 Crazy Baller
    edited October 2012
    my 2001 has the rear trunk though I wasn't aware of it until I called @krlee and asked where the shower hose was- It was behind the seat. otherwise I would have no idea it was there. I keep the hose as well as spare rope and handle back there and that's it.
    slalom addiction triggering irrational behavior
    @wish I believe it's the bottom of the seat, making the seat bottom permanent. Rudder access has to be a real PITA.
  • nate93nate93 Posts: 67 Baller
    You have mail
  • crashmancrashman Posts: 722 Crazy Baller
    here are pics of how my trunk works. yes that's a pair of oversized HO combo skis in the background.
    slalom addiction triggering irrational behavior
  • harddockharddock Posts: 187 Baller
    Lkhopski Where are you located?