Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arizona Buoy's

rwskierrwskier Posts: 234 Solid Baller
edited October 2012 in Videos, Photos & Media
Arizona in October is the best place to be for a northern skier. Here is the video from the trio of sites in Arizona.

Russell W. -
[Deleted User]Chef23jipster43WishMarkMMISkierkstateskierDmaxJC_skibishop8950SusanT

Comments

• Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,049 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Sold ! but where and how do you find out where to, waterski for 4 or 5 days in Arizona ?

When The Going Gets Tough, Get Stoked !

• rwskierrwskier Posts: 234 Solid Baller
    @Stevie Boy guess that did sound like a promo ad. all you need to do is sign up for the tournaments, but just make sure you sign up early because they fill up in February. Or you could just buy a lot there, still some for sale.
    Russell W. -
    Considering the rain and cold I would really like to be back there now......

In case anyone is interested Buchli is having another two, 3 round tournaments this next weekend.
    Russell W. -
  • GarnGarn Posts: 502 Crazy Baller
    Does everybody in Arizona wear Eagle Vests?
    That's pretty funny @Garn had not noticed but they are pretty nice vests.
    Russell W. -
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,182 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Beautiful...I want to live at San Tan! (I know, join the club)
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    DmaxJC_ski
  • FrankSFrankS Posts: 169 Baller
    Are there any good ski schools in Arizona?
    Swervin'... It's what I do
    @Brent thanks so much, I keep trying to find ways to make them interesting.

@FrankS I don't know of any schools in AZ. it's not like there are a lot of lakes but most of them just have private homes on them.
    Russell W. -
  • popofpopof Posts: 113 Baller
    Ooook; so How do I get myself one of these green card things and where do I find an American Job? Anyone hiring in AZ? ;) That lake looks like the dream place to own a Ski-Home! :)
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,972 Mega Baller
    That video is awesome. I need to move.
    Mark Shaffer
    I have had an amazing amount of views on this video. thanks guys for watching!
    Russell W. -
  • jipster43jipster43 Posts: 1,430 Crazy Baller
    I covet.
  • greghayesgreghayes Posts: 113 Baller
    @rwskier - thanks for posting this awesome video!

Do you guys know of any buoys near Tucson? Or is all the action in the Phoenix area?
  • mbabiashmbabiash Posts: 522 Crazy Baller
    I'm looking to ski in the Scottsdale area in April. Any schools or people willing to coach/pull for a couple days.
    My wife will be in a conference and I'll be bored. I'd Rather ski than golf.
  • Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 707 Crazy Baller
    Trouble with most of these "affordable" ski sites is they are on the outskirts of Phoenix and there is jack to do there but ski. It's a bit of a drive to get to Scottsdale or any other shopping or entertainment.
  • MarkMMarkM Posts: 114 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Great video!
    Wow, someone brought this one back to life after a few years.

@mbabiash if you are going to be in Scottsdale you can get a ski ride but expect to drive at least 45 minutes away. Buchli is one of the few places that you would be able to set up ski rides. http://buchliskilake.com Dave is super friendly and should be able to set you up.
    Russell W. -
    SusanT
  • bishop8950bishop8950 Posts: 1,154 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    I have nearly gone to the Oct tournaments for years. The video makes me really want to go.
  • SusanTSusanT Posts: 64 Baller
    Great film @rwskier ! If I didn't already own a place there, it would make me buy one!
    Susan Talarico - Ski hard or go home!
    waterskiarizona.com
  • GarnGarn Posts: 502 Crazy Baller
    I don't get it. Watching this video it sounds like "Come on down and ski with us!" But from reading here on BOS, it sounds like there's almost zero chance to get a pull down there. If I'm wrong please set me straight because my Father-In-Law lives in Gilbert and I would love to be able to ski when we come down from Utah to visit him.