Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goalie

The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,397 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
Need a goalie for an Old Goats Hockey League near Rochester, MN. Any lurkers in southern Minn that can protect the net?

Shut up and ski

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 28,344 Administrator
    @OB who is @MS?

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ McClintock's

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

MattP
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,397 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    @Horton You would make a perfect Goalie. You have that Mullet that would hang out the back of your mask/helmet and your the perfect body size. It would remind my of the Mighty Ducks when they roped the goalie in net and took shots at him.
    @OB The Thrashers moved back to YWG so you don't have a team anymore.
    Shut up and ski
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,826 Mega Baller
    @Horton and @OB - hockey is a real man's sport! Skiing is my summer sport.
    @OB You are correct. The Wild go out and get 2 superstars and now we do not get to watch.
    We need to get another USA vs Canada waterski hockey game going. I think Canada won by a goal in 2009. I would bet that BOS could field a team. Lots of Minnesota ballers are good players.
    Shut up and ski
    Skoot1123
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,693 Mega Baller
    edited October 2012
    I would play hokey but I don't want to go to prison! Where's Brent?
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    @ms - that's kinda like fun!!!! Don't claim to be anything good, but I love playing!!
  • tfriesstfriess Posts: 401 Baller
    @MS if I lived there and was about 20 years older, I'd be able to help you out. Good luck trying to fill positions, I know it's tough and even when it's the most important one.
    Can I just ski 24/7?
  • WishWish Posts: 7,893 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @OB error on the dislike. Bumped it on mistake.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • WolfeieWolfeie Posts: 175 Baller
    I play ice hockey 3 times a week and then become a weekend warrior on the water. Hockey is great conditioning for the legs, balance and core strength. Every year about 20-25 of us from Ski West Village go see a Bakersfield Condors game (ECHL) in November and have a great time.
    It's all about the water....some of it is just frozen.
    Brad Wolfe - Ski West Village, Arvin, Ca; Radar Pro Build, SN 200, I can see Ball of Spray headquarters from my lake house.
  • luckyoneluckyone Posts: 68 Baller
    hi brad,no one invited me .
    I don't know who "luckyone" is???? But we are going Saturday Nov 24th (Saturday after Thanksgiving) to the game. It is their annual "Teddy Bear Toss" game. We have few extra seats and they are holding some more for me. $14.00 per seat
    Brad Wolfe - Ski West Village, Arvin, Ca; Radar Pro Build, SN 200, I can see Ball of Spray headquarters from my lake house.
    Bakersfield Condors? Are they endangered? When a new team arrives at the ice box is that they carrion? HokeY!!!
    @wolfeie @thager ever read the book,"they don't play hockey in heaven" by Ken Baker? All about him and te Bakersfield Condors. Great read, highly suggest especially if you live in the area.
    Can I just ski 24/7?
    Going to be a long winter. Will give it a read. Thanks. If anyones looking for great read " Boyd" John Boyd was a real american hero most will never hear about.
    I remember hearing about him, and heard him on some interviews. Most of us live in the LA area are are big Kings fans. We just love hockey and it is fun to go to the minor league games.
    We see about a half dozen Condors games a year when we are up doing winter projects.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,972 Mega Baller
    Not a goalie but I am going to skate tonight. I try to skate Friday nights if I am not too gassed from working out in the morning.
    Mark Shaffer
    Had some rat hockey this AM - 6:00 AM start on through to 7:00 AM - then go to work. Now THAT'S a way to start the day!!
    I was at a rink at 7:30 this morning but it was to get my son's skates sharpened before heading to the gym. 6AM starts are too early for me.
    Mark Shaffer
    High school hockey. Everyday, be at the rink at 4:45. The worse part is, we have school after that. One of the reasons why I am not playing this year.
    Can I just ski 24/7?
    I still need a goalie.
    Shut up and ski
    @tfriess that is the worst excuse I have ever heard for not playing. You will regret not playing high school hockey when you are older.
    Mark Shaffer
    oh thanks @chef23 for your support
    Can I just ski 24/7?
    I would quit school and concentrate on Hockey
    Shut up and ski
    @ms id quit school and concentrate on skiing. hockey, definitely not
    Can I just ski 24/7?
  • 454SS454SS Posts: 169 Baller
    @tfriess while I wouldn't quit school I would definitely play any sport I could in high school, I played one sport in high school and really regret not trying others.
  • luckyoneluckyone Posts: 68 Baller
    thanks 4 the invite,brother.
  • KMKM Posts: 161 Baller
    I would give Niklas Backstrom a call. I hear he is looking for a job until the lockout ends. Unless he moved to Helsinki, Finland.