Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It is time for a new "Who Are You Guys" thread

Comments

• MattPMattP Posts: 6,007 Mega Baller
    PB is something at 35 off
    @richarddoane is right I learned this past season. @Horton used to be an open ranked jumper back in the day.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,884 Administrator
    PB is something at 39 off
    Way way back

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• cobbercobber Posts: 67 Baller
    PB is something at 32 off
    Geordie Kurtz, personal best is 3 at 32'. 38 years old, not married and no kids. Operations manager at our family owned trucking Company. Live and ski in Southwestern Ontario, Canada. Started skiing when I was about 8, skiing about 5 times a summer. Family bought a cottage when I was 16 and started skiing most weekends from then on. Finally joined McClintocks Ski school when I turned 30 and saw the course for the first time. I got hooked and currently I am a driver for the club and ski every night after work and on weekends. I am on BOL spray every day, great site with great people and very helpful information.
    Kirsten
  • BradyBrady Posts: 1,083 Mega Baller
    edited November 2012
    PB is something at 15 off (at any speed)
    @cobber, if you are ever in the mood to get married, make sure you talk to @dbski first. He has it down, and he will show you how if you can cause your wife to have back pain, your life will be wonderful!
    I ski, therefore I am
  • jipster43jipster43 Posts: 1,428 Crazy Baller
    PB is something at 32 off
    @SkiJay I'm available for adoption.
  • SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,314 Mega Baller
    edited November 2012
    I'll keep you in mind should I ever grow up @jipster43.

Actually, I have three beautiful daughters (lucky for them they got their mom's looks) who refuse to come to races anymore because every time they do, I total something and freak them out. The last straw was a few years ago at the Montreal Grand Prix ...

Before:

During (in-car camera at 120 mph sideways):

After:

My girls were in the hot pit at the time, and made such a scene, they got more Jumbotron time than the wreck! (Apparently, they got the "drama queen" gene from their mom too.)
    www.FinWhispering.com ... Your ski should be your dance partner, not a wrestling opponent
    BradyKirsten
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,143 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @skijay, now I want to be adopted more than ever. It could be a trade...I want to be a better driver, you want to be a better skier (I'd be getting the far better deal :)
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    Kirsten
  • WishWish Posts: 7,858 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    120mph sideways?!!!!!...... Man, skiing must be boring in comparison.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    Kirsten
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,884 Administrator
    If I win the lottery I plan to die in a race car

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

Kirsten
  • bigtex2011bigtex2011 Posts: 483 Crazy Baller
    chris springs present. 3 kids, 2 dogs a cat and 2 goldfish. i ski with my wife and kids at least 4 days a week during the warm months. i love to overturn and rip it. :)
    HortonBradyKirstenpumpinpete
  • GOODESkierGOODESkier Posts: 1,107 Crazy Baller
    PB is something at 38 off
    Music Teacher from Orondo, WA. Ski on the Columbia River and jumped into INT last summer. So much fun. Plan on skiing some other tournamnets in the state next summer. PB is 2 @ 38' OFF at 34.2 MPH ZO. Looking to run my 38's next season. Finally got myself on a good boat with good gps speed control and on a goode ski. All the wierd variable of the past are gone, just me and the course now!
    2003 Nautique 196 LE Star Gazer & ZBox - GOODE NANO OneXT 66.75" - Powershell 5 (LFF) - Tournament PB: 2 Balls @ 39.5' OFF (34.2 MPH) on 7/18/2015 at BIG DAWG BROHO!
    BradySkiJayKirstenpumpinpete
  • BradyBrady Posts: 1,083 Mega Baller
    @Horton, if you win the lottery and get in a race car, I assure you you will die.
    I ski, therefore I am
    Kirsten
  • SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,314 Mega Baller
    Race cars are relatively safe. Water skis ... not so much. In many ways and on many levels, water skiing = racing superbikes. You ballers are tough, sharp, brave people.
    www.FinWhispering.com ... Your ski should be your dance partner, not a wrestling opponent
  • MorgMorg Posts: 22 Baller
    John Morgan, 44 Live in Reno Nv. My dad & uncle raced drag boats since before I was born. My first ski was behind a 76 sanger drag hydro. Skiing bug really got me in my early 20's. Got away from it while I was racing dirt bikes, street bikes & back to boats. I have a great wife & two amazing boys 3 & 7.

Fast boats kept getting more & more. I found myself in a blown injected flat going over 140 mph. Lost a couple of friends to boats & had to get out of the sport. Now I am heavily into Karting & am hoping to get more into skiing this springr. I ski behind an 83' centurion. Really am trying to stay in shape for karting & skiing this winter. Looking for local guys for a weekly ski runs next spring. Also hoping to get solid through the course.

Stoked to find BOS, so much help already. Thank you to all the experienced ballers for opening up & helping out.
    Skoot1123SkiJay
  • WishWish Posts: 7,858 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @SkiJay
    "you Ballers are tough, sharp brave people"

Have to say ive never seen a wreck like that in waterskiing. So to me your picture is worth a thousand words or in this case of tough, sharp, and brave...3 words....... no, maybe and no.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • rdgranthamrdgrantham Posts: 1 Baller
    Reggie Grantham. Live in Seattle, age 52, happily married 18 years, 2 kids ages 11 and 13. I will ski a tournament once or twice a year, but much prefer the water time in practice. PB is something @ 'wild blue', and tourney best is a few @ 'mean green'. Currently ski at the locally world famous BROHO site. This is a privately owned site that hosts 20+ renters. There are no home sites, and it is very secluded and wind protected. We are lucky to have some great skiers that provide occasional coaching (thanks @richarddoane!). Some of us will keep going year round, and have been known to crunch a little of the hard stuff on top in the winter before we get going. It is a great environment with skiers of all abilities. The group is very a social, and I have the luxury of skiing with some lifelong friends.

In the summer months I will head out to Lake Washington once a week or so before work for some free skiing or wakeboarding. This is also a great way to get some of the more hardy co-workers out for some team building. We have had some epic sunrises and city views out there. Some have used the work 'unforgettable'.

Last summer my family had a 'road trip' vacation, took our boat and headed east towards Montana with the idea to 'lake-hop' and 'Motel 6' it along the way. This was a 9 day adventure where we splashed into Billy Clapp, Coeur D'alene, Priest and Pend Oreille Lakes. Fun for the whole family.

I learned to ski when I was 6 years old on Lake Mirror in Winter Haven Florida during a serious thunder & lightning storm. My pops had moved us down to Cocoa Beach FL from Seattle, and took me over to Winter Haven where he grew up. He fired up the 35HP Evinrude and instructed me to get out there and slay it. I was petrified by the huge lightning bolts that seemed to be hitting right next to us. I had alligator tears, so he let me off the hook. I didn't actually get up until my second attempt the next day. The weather cleared and it turned into the typical central FL skiers paradise.

From that moment on I have not been able to get enough. Since then I have kept the Florida connection and have been very lucky to ski with some of the guys we read about. I appreciate the friends I have made though the sport, the lifestyle and all the info here at BOS.
    Skoot1123
  • gumpgump Posts: 22 Baller
    PB is something at 41 off
    is there french ballers? i love you americans waterskier,i improve my english every days learning your post and i adjust my technique wiht yours awesome video.so frenchies don't be affraid and post!!
    Skoot1123MattP
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,275 Mega Baller
    @Bigtex Counting the goldfish is awesome.
    Shut up and ski
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,171 Mega Baller
    @GOODESkier - we'll see you at the tournaments at Baseline Lake in George, WA and the Sun Basin Bki Ranch in Moses Lake I hope ?
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • DanEDanE Posts: 887 Crazy Baller
    PB is something at 38 off
    My name is Dan Englund and I live in Sweden together with my girlfriend and a 12 year old son and a cat.
    I´m part owner of an autorepair shop (specialized but not limited to heavy trucks and machines). I´m 45 years old and started waterskiing when I was 21 after I totalled my right knee in an Alpine ski competition. Eventually I had to quit alpine racing due to cartilage damage in my knee but waterski slalom has worked fine since then.
    Can´t really put down enough sets anymore so progressing in the slalom course is kinda rare these days. Tpb is 3 @ 38 (34 mph) with a practice pb of [email protected] and 4 @ 35 at 36 mph as a tpb with [email protected] 36 mph as practice pb.
    Also cob of the local public waterskiclub where due to my proffesion also responsible for boat repair and maintenance.
    My son has really gotten into waterski slalom lately and hes developed some serious good foundation skills (skiing really stacked, something we constantly working on) wich he is going to need given he is going to be tall (6´1 now and growing).
    BradySkoot1123
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,772 Mega Baller
    Jody Seal, Owner Florida Inboards Inc. in Panama city, Florida. Also a Contract field tech and tournament Representative for Nautiques. Boat: 2012 Ski Nautique 200 CB 6 liter/HO.
    Senior Driver/Judge. consider my self a three event skier yet have not jumped in over 15 years. tournament slalom best [email protected]@34mph / [email protected]@36.
    currently skiing on a 2012 67" Radar Strada, 2012 67" HO/A2
    Ski club: Shortline lakes/Picko's and Emerald Coast water ski club.
    Commonly ski on Deer point lake in Bay County Florida and Cory Picko's Shortline lakes in SRB.
    Favorite tournament ski sites! Picko's/SRB, Jacks middle lake,Lago Los Morros/Chile, Lymanland and west palm beach.
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

MattPSkoot1123BradyAlberto Soares
  • Pat MPat M Posts: 683 Crazy Baller
    Patrick Morrill, Brimfield, MA. I am a Funeral Director- own and operate my family business D.T. Morrill Funeral Home, Southbridge, MA- 100 years in business this year!
    Ski behind a 2009 SN196 (love my boat).
    Live on a public lake about 75 acres in size. I have my problems with the other "users" of the lake and sometimes rollery conditions, but in general it is great.
    Skiing is a great escape-when work is busy or slow it takes my mind off it.
    Ski on a Goode 9900 65.75". Been on Goodes for a number of years, broke a few, but keep coming back to it (Dave Goode is my crack dealer).
    When I get the chance I go down to see my buddy and former ski partner (from way back) Mike Dumala at Okeeheelee- always a good time.
    Go to see a coach about once every other year.
    PB is 3 at 39off (couple years back now). Have run 38 nearly 10 times in my life.
    PB in a tournament is 4 @38 (3 times). Love going to tournaments, love the people there, just don't do it enough.
    Married with a daughter and when I'm not skiing with my ski partner and best friend Kevin, my wife drives and my daughter is watching- Life is good.
    Brady
  • Pat MPat M Posts: 683 Crazy Baller
    Oh ya - I am also a Ball of Sprayaholic
    Skoot1123Brady
  • Alberto SoaresAlberto Soares Posts: 309 Solid Baller
    edited November 2012
    Alberto Soares, 47, Belo Horizonte, Brazil, civil engineer, married, 2 daughters (12 and 4). CB Nautique 2010, 6.0 lt (Thank you Jody Seal for the numerous tech help) Skiing since 7, in the course since 20 at www.clubeserradamoeda.com.br , have skied every other day for the last 15 years (+/- 350 sets/year), but only had the opportunity of being coached last 2 years. Currently on a 65 Nano One (best ski ever - 6.799/2.51/0.758 needle/8.5 and 28") with Reflex/R-Style. 38´s are coming often with new ski, looking forward next year results, might be the best of my life...
    BradySkoot1123
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,599 Mega Baller
    Old, alive, a hack, and wanna be everything I'm not!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    Bradyallycat
  • swardcoswardco Posts: 63 Baller
    PB is something at 22 off
    Steve Ward. Live near Boulder, CO, age 48 (dangerously close to 50!). Started skiing when I was probably 8 yrs old. Never really liked it until I was in my late teens. Started skiing the course some time in college. Took roughly 20 years off and started skiing again in the last couple years.
    Brady
  • PT MikePT Mike Posts: 163 Baller
    Mike Cantamessa 48 yrs old, Long Island,NY Boro Supervisor for NYC Dept. of Transportation I ski on a tidal flat behind Jones Beach and @ Twin Lakes in Monroe, NY Took down the green loop twice last year @ the same tournament!! Goal for next year is to get more consistent @ 32
    6ballsHersh
  • estromestrom Posts: 512 Baller
    My name is Erik and I live in the wine country of northern California. Beautiful place to live, but expensive, and worse yet, no buoys around here. Have loved skiing since I was in high school, but got away from it due to small kids, illness to my Dad, etc... Getting back into it now that my kids are enjoying the water. Back in the early '90's, there was a short-lived group here called the Dry Creek Ski Club. That's been my only real exposure to course skiing. We have good friends that relocated to Redding, so we visit there frequently and I've touched base with a group up there that has a ski facility. Hopefully I can ski there a few times a year when we're up there.

Married with 3 great daughters, 2 female dogs, a female cat...way too much estrogen around my house. Controller by trade, but also a licensed insurance agent/financial advisor.
    Brady