Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new prop

brodybrody Posts: 311 Baller
edited December 2012 in Boat Talk
I just ordered a new ACME 515 for my 2001 Response. I got it from Wake Props in Oregon for $370 no tax and free shipping. I asked if it was a sale price or not and he told me that as of Jan 1, ACME is raising there prices so the same prop will be $470. The price of metal has gone up and ACME is also starting to dictate their prices to thier suppliers. I dont know if its BS or not, but if your in the market for a new prop you may want to look into getting it a little early. I was hoping to wait until spring, but dont want to pay an extra $100. I know apple dictates their prices too (by the way I have no connection to Wake Props, i live in Canada, it was just the best price I could find)

Comments

• usaski1usaski1 Posts: 746 Crazy Baller
    not sure what you had on your boat before the 515, but I put on a acme 541 on my Moomba.. Its awesome. I should have got one when I got the boat. You'll love it. Its smooth (not quite 422 smooth) My boat went from a real pig to a race car. I guess it didn't help I was running a damaged prop for a while before I put on the 541.
    Mark Turner -- Water skiing changed my life forever.
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,583 Mega Baller
    @brody what kind of prop did you have before. I need to replace the stainless prop on my 99 response. I've seen the 515 recommended.
  • brodybrody Posts: 311 Baller
    I had the 13 x 13 cvp stainless, I was told it was going to cost me over $200 to get it reworked, not a lot of shops want to play with stainless anymore. They all said there to labor intensive. Everywhere I read recommended the 515. My buddies 2008 response has one and it is so smooth