In the winter do you Snow ski or....

HortonHorton Posts: 26,749 Administrator
edited December 2012 in Other Stuff

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★ D3 ★ DBSkis ★ Fin Whisper ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

In the winter do you Snow ski or.... 132 votes

Snow ski
65%
DekeeleeskiDWmopowpowjedgellMarcoscotchipmandrewblockUp NorthChef23skibrainRichardDoanevtjcotisgD-LawRpc29jimbrakebajaGarn 86 votes
Snow board
7%
boarditupAlvin_Neff454SSThePantsManCantravnewsscupperswoolly110tfriessRazorRoss3mellig 10 votes
Other snow sports
5%
thagercobberWIskierxratedzplolskigirlBraceMaker 7 votes
No snow sports
21%
HortonEd_ObermeierskibugChuck_DickeyandybCamPhil2360Than_BoganJim NeelyMattProbscholl-OFh2oskiEd_JohnsonjdarwinTom Anderson6ballsWishbherderTexas6JamesW 29 votes

Comments

• boarditupboarditup Posts: 584 Crazy Baller
    Snow board
    Snowboard - sorta like slalom and I get to work on riding switch.
    Karl DeLooff - Powered by the wind
  • MarcoMarco Posts: 1,407 Crazy Baller
    Snow ski
    Living 15 minutes from the lifts, skiing is a no brainer. Nothing like extreme skiing to get the blood flowing. If it was easy, they would call it snowboarding!

I'm headed to the mountain this afternoon for a few runs. Winter storm warning this afternoon with up to 30" forcasted here in Colorado.
    Brady
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,245 Mega Baller
    No snow sports
    Most winters I probably snow ski once, so my answer is technically a lie. But I'm not "into" any snow sports.

When I was younger I snow skied a lot. But once my skill level got to moguls, my knees weren't that happy about it, and most other terrain became kinda boring. The only reason I go occasionally is to give my kids a chance to see if THEY like it.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • FrankSFrankS Posts: 169 Baller
    Snow ski
    There are not many mountains out here in wisconsin, but we have some smaller hills that I ski on
    Swervin'... It's what I do
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,969 Mega Baller
    edited December 2012
    No snow sports
    It's simple I live in Georgia and I hate the cold. I will either be in the gym or out on the river rowing.
  • WaternutWaternut Posts: 1,511 Crazy Baller
    No snow sports
    I change gears completely and do mountain biking.
    Brady
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,969 Mega Baller
    No snow sports
    @jfw432 I see what you did there. Clever.
  • WishWish Posts: 7,620 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    No snow sports
    Where's the option for - Really want to snow ski. Miss it a lot. But the cost is to high to get it done from FL.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • estromestrom Posts: 508 Baller
    No snow sports
    I'm with Than. Maybe once a year with the kids. Usually spend winters hunting. We don't get snow, so we can also get the boat out a couple of times.
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,030 Mega Baller
    Snow ski
    addicted to Utah powder
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 772 Crazy Baller
    Snow ski
    Snow ski 60 plus days a yr!!
  • BulldogBulldog Posts: 1,001 Crazy Baller
    Snow ski
    Alberta Rocky Mountains!!!!
    Mike Loeffler - "Someone somewhere is having a real problem today...My bad skiing is NOT one of them"
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,803 Mega Baller
    Snow ski
    I do both I ski and snowboard depending on what my son wants to do that day. We don't get to ski as much as I would like due to my son's hockey schedule though.
    Mark Shaffer
  • fu_manfu_man Posts: 405 Crazy Baller
    No votes for pond hockey? The upper midwest crews must not have seen this poll yet.
  • MSMS Posts: 5,056 Mega Baller
    @FU_man 1 vote for pucks and another for ice fishing.
    I used to hit Utah 2-3xper year but now I travel to much in the summer.
    Shut up and ski
    Snow ski
    @MS I play a little hockey and spend a ton of time at the rink with my son who is a hockey player and my daughter who figure skates. We are pretty much at a rink every day but Monday.
    Mark Shaffer
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,294 Mega Baller
    Other snow sports
    Whenever we have snow down I cross country ski - there is a local place that I'll go after work to do some freestyle skate, otherwise I'll do back country through the local hilly areas.
  • MSMS Posts: 5,056 Mega Baller
    @Chef I wish I could be on the rink that much. I get 2 maybe 3 shots a week. It is about as good as it gets for abs and legs.
    Shut up and ski
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,359 Mega Baller
    Other snow sports
    Ice fish, snowmobile, build stuff, and twiddle my thumbs.
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • Ed_ObermeierEd_Obermeier Posts: 1,339 Crazy Baller
    No snow sports
    I live in Kansas. They call it the Great Plains for a reason. I have bad knees. Spend the winter busting it in the gym trying to get fit for spring water skiing.
    Ed Obermeier - owner, EZ-Slalom Course Systems
    www.ez-slalom.com
  • bajabaja Posts: 247 Baller
    Snow ski
    I'll get about a dozen days on the slopes this year spread between Mammoth, Park City, and Durango. Still hitting the water a couple of times a week in sunny So Cal.
  • jimbrakejimbrake Posts: 1,261 Mega Baller
    Snow ski
    I ski. On the snow.

Then I think of all the ways that snow skiing is similar to slalom water skiing and I come on here and post about all the technical minutiae, like and such as, COM movement, angulation, load against force and speed, early edge change, compare the fall line and gravity to the boat, etc. All just to piss off you guys that don't snow ski. Aaaaahhhhhhahahahahahahahaha!
    "...all of the basic fun banter"
  • tfriesstfriess Posts: 401 Baller
    Snow board
    For me, this offseason is my time to get into shape and get jacked. No excuses! If only I could drag @franks to come to the gym with me. I know it'll help his skiing and lax skills.
    Can I just ski 24/7?
  • FrankSFrankS Posts: 169 Baller
    Snow ski
    @tfriess I for sure would go with you. Just tell me when.
    Swervin'... It's what I do
    tfriess
  • AndyAndy Posts: 213 Baller
    Snowboard a bit and sail the DN when the ice is good.
  • ThePantsManCanThePantsManCan Posts: 443 Baller
    Snow board
    Snowboard, but strictly Alpine. Skinny boards, toes forward.
    60% of the time, it works.... All the time.
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,498 Mega Baller
    Snow ski
    Living in Texas I do not get a lot of chances to snow ski. I do enjoy it though, just cruising nothing real difficult. I lost my free place to stay last year when my mom moved back to Texas from Sante Fe NM. Mom snow skied up to nearly 70, she's a real trooper.
    ToddL
    Snow ski
    @MS I am not on the ice that much I would love to skate that much. My kids are on the ice that much.
    Mark Shaffer
  • dbskidbski Posts: 248 Crazy Baller
    Snow ski
    Waiting for ice so we can get the iceboats sailing.
    Rick Bohn
  • JordanJordan Posts: 1,113 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Snow ski
    Hey Chef

I feel ya- I also have a daughter that is a competitive figure skater and a son who plays AAA hockey.

Lots and lots of time spent in rinks.