Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camaro Black Tec 2.0 and Impact Vest Review part 2

HortonHorton Posts: 29,419 Administrator
Honestly I am not skiing much this time of year so the Camaro Black Tec 2.0 review is LATE.

I skied yesterday for the first time in a month. Here in Bakersfield it is not as cold has most of the rest of the country but 55 degree air and 50 degree water is not warm for my thin blood. During my ride I was not cold in any way. The Camaro suit is simply crazy warm plus unencumbering. I do not think it impacts my ball count at all. I like it way more than any dry suit I have owned.

The weird thing is how warm your skin is when you take the suit off. I am very impressed.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly  ★ Basta ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar 

Stella Blue ★ Stokes ★ World WaterSki League

Comments

• tfriesstfriess Posts: 401 Baller
    @horton I'm wondering how hard is this thing to get on and take off? I'm guessing its easier than a dry suit. Also does it seem like it could rip easily anywhere? I'm unfamiliar with the material.
    Can I just ski 24/7?
    ToddL
  • HortonHorton Posts: 29,419 Administrator
    edited January 2013
    It is a wetsuit. You take it on and off like any wetsuit.

Connelly  ★ Basta ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

• addkerraddkerr Posts: 177 Baller
    @tfriess Camaro always include a 3 year warranty with the suits. If it rips they will repair it. They are thin but if your careful then it wont be a problem. Things like jumping on the dock out the water on your knees are things you should avoid.
  • WaternutWaternut Posts: 1,511 Crazy Baller
    edited January 2013
    On and off like a wetsuit...aka total pain in the arse! If I had heard about a suit like this a couple years ago, I would've been all over it. As for now, I use a 1mm pair of shorts and/or a 1mm shirt to keep me warm when the water is in the low 70's/high 60's. When the water temp gets to mid-low 60's, I bump up to the 2mm shorty. Beyond that, no one else wants to ski and I can't feel my feet anyway so I don't even use the full wetsuit I own.

Maybe I'll look hard at a Camaro shorty for next spring... Are the Black Tec's even available yet? I can't find them for sale anywhere...even on their site.

PS - I noticed Camaro only warrants their stuff for 1 year in the US instead of 3 years in Europe.
  • MattPMattP Posts: 6,180 Mega Baller
    The Black are not available yet. As I understand it that Camaro still warranties them for 3 years in the US.
  • MurrskiMurrski Posts: 183 Baller
    @Horton Do you know what the differences are between the black tech 2 and the titanium 2? The descriptions look the same. Is it simply an appearance difference?
  • WaternutWaternut Posts: 1,511 Crazy Baller
    Well the site specifically says 1 year for any country outside of Europe but maybe if you ask nicely, they'll still warranty it for 3.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 29,419 Administrator
    @Murrski I think the material is different

• bkreisbkreis Posts: 310 Baller
    I know miamiskinautiques.com has them in stock..some w built in flotation as well!! our water is in the mid 70's..freaky warm for january, but i'll take it!!!
    www.skyfitness.com
  • Chuck_DickeyChuck_Dickey Posts: 1,462 Crazy Baller
    edited January 2013
    As I understand it, the BlackTec is an open cell and the Titanium has the silvery coating, same neoprene. The open cell is a bare rubber outer surface which is the result of taking a thicker fabric both sides (neoprene center) and splitting it like they do leather hides. Lycra fabric against your skin allows for easy entry. The exposed rubber surface acts like slick skin to shed water and reduce wind chill.

I have both the 2mm Titanium as well as the 1mm Open cell. The Open Cell "new name BlackTec" will also be available in 2mm. Looks like they dropped the 1mm.

http://www.camaro.at/en/wasserski/black_tec/63_2795_99.php

I noticed Camaro has revised their warranty for the US and Canada as well as not listing the 2mm Titanium.