Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aidan Willers - Team Mapple

HortonHorton Posts: 28,103 Administrator
edited February 2013 in Videos, Photos & Media

Mapple Logo

Driven by his passion for the sport, Aidan Willers is determined to keep skiing after what should have been a career-ending accident. Aidan proudly represents Team Mapple.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

BulldogJohnCoxAlvin_NeffCam

Comments

• BulldogBulldog Posts: 1,011 Crazy Baller
    @Horton, Great story!! You got to love the passion for our sport.
    Mike Loeffler - "Someone somewhere is having a real problem today...My bad skiing is NOT one of them"
  • HortonHorton Posts: 28,103 Administrator
    edited February 2013
    Aidan is also a super cool nice guy.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,825 Mega Baller
    AWESOME determination!!
  • h2odawg79h2odawg79 Posts: 599 Baller
    Aidin, Whether you read this or not; God Bless you and your efforts to overcome and achieve.
  • pugspugs Posts: 12 Baller
    Ditto on Aidan being a super cool nice guy. Its always fun to ski with Aidan and Nic and I learn something.
    Frank Smith - Champions Lake - Clermont, FL
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,047 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    What can I say, Great Guy, Great Driver, Great Coach, Great Skier, it was a pleasure being coached by Aidan, most people would have walked away, after an accident like his, but just shows how much you can achieve with the right amount of determination.
    I take my hat off to you Aidan and its great to see you on the water again.

When The Going Gets Tough, Get Stoked !

• estromestrom Posts: 512 Baller
    I've never heard of Aiden before, but that's awesome.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,968 Mega Baller
    That is a great story. I remember reading about Aidan after he got hurt and it is great to see him skiing again.
    Mark Shaffer
  • JohnCoxJohnCox Posts: 357 Crazy Baller
    Incredible story. Determination...
    Mapple T2
    www.mappleskis.com
  • markchilcuttmarkchilcutt Posts: 935 Crazy Baller
    Hard work grit and determination!!!! love it!!!
    Ski it if you can!!!!
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,583 Mega Baller
    Aidan, way to go! Same injury as the guy in Houston had last year, really scary.
  • swardcoswardco Posts: 63 Baller
    Very impressive!! I am such a wimp.
  • MappleMapple Posts: 27 Water Ski Industry Professional
    Aidan has an attitude that we all can learn from. He had a very unfortunate accident and is dealing with something most of us cannot relate to. Having said this, he NEVER makes any excuse for his arm.....he just figures out how to get whatever is needed done! He has a great style and technique in skiing that we can all learn from, and what he sees in a skier is from a perspective we cannot relate to. That is what makes him a great coach.
    MattPAlvin_NeffEd_JohnsonBulldog
  • Jim NeelyJim Neely Posts: 291 Baller
    Very impressive. Wonder if he considered adding a handle gaurd to his new handle.
    68" Vapor
  • BG1BG1 Posts: 177 Baller
    Wow!
  • msuwsmsuws Posts: 40 Baller
    Second that. He also doesn't need a special hook or anything to take down a shot ski if any of you were wondering. :)
    spartanskier10
  • Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,197
    That's really amazing. What a horrible injury that had to have been - and he was conscious of trying o get the handle away from him and that still happened.
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
  • swerveitswerveit Posts: 210 Baller
    Spent many summers with him at Princes, amazingly good skier. I skied with him the night it happened, Think it was just before the pro-am. Came back to the club the next day to hear what happened. Feels like yesterday. Its an event that will never leave me, but unquestionably the bravest person I know. Straight up hero!.

Aidan is one of the coolest dudes around, has a wealth of knowledge and would be a massive asset to any company. what happened was tragic but doesn't take away from the fact that in his day he was good for a piece of 10.7 - epically good skier, hard working and very analytical about it. If I know him he'll push to get back to that level, he's doesn't understand the concept of 'give up'.

He's unlikely to know but within the UK, he has a massive following of friends and family that still talk about him (even though he left the UK many years ago) see him as an inspiration. he helped allot of people, He's just such a humble dude. He's unlikely to ever know that he was the reason that I got back into skiing after breaking my ankle for the 2nd time, so thanks mate. Not many people I look up to and seriously respect, Aiden is right there for me.

Little known fact; Aidan is phenomenal at beatboxing! (seriously, ask him to do it)

nothing but love - Mate, I hope life treating you well. Jay.
    JohnCoxjipster43