Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buying used bindings

GlockGlock Posts: 192 Baller
Hy guys. I am looking into a pair of used 2012 Stradas as a result of all the positive feedback on the forum about these bindings. My question relates to the moldable Intuition liners. Am I going to regret buying a used pair for 50% the origianal cost since these have most likely been molded to someone elses foot?

Comments

• ScaredOfCorbetsScaredOfCorbets Posts: 87 Baller
    some people say that the Intuition liners ar good for about 4 cookings. However, I've had a pair since 2004 or 2005, and cooked them around 5 or 6 times. They seemed to be good. So, I'd say the Intuition Liners should be fine for re molding to your feet.
  • T_CT_C Posts: 133 Baller
    @Glock I have a set of size 10 Stradas in very good condition. What size are you looking for. The liners have only been heated once.
  • GlockGlock Posts: 192 Baller
    @tc, I'm looking for a size 11 i think. I usually wear a size 10 shoe. I tried on a pair of 10 stradas and my toes were hitting the front of the boot. Do stradas typically run a little small?
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,199 Mega Baller
    @glock - my feet are 10's, and with the thicker 2012 liners, I ski in an 11. I never heat mold my liners, just ski in them and they mold in nicely. If you're getting a used set of liners, just put them in the oven at 175'F for 20 minutes, and they'll "puff" back up fresh again
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,880 Mega Baller
    I have one set of Intuition liners that have been cooked ~6 times. Mostly due to me having a very painful big toe on one foot.

The liner is replacable, and only part of the equation.

I don't really like the type with a tongue, I prefer the wrap across the top of the foot as I have skinny ankles and this keeps the top of the boot from filling with water because its double thick around my leg, so I usually buy the Intuition Denali liner.

• T_CT_C Posts: 133 Baller
    @Glock I wear a size 10 shoe and these boots me fit perfectly. If you want the liners to mold bigger put on three pairs of socks after heating and that will give you more room. email at careys4at yahoo dot com if you want more info. I will sell these for 250.