Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you know what you need to work on this year?

HortonHorton Posts: 28,770 Administrator
For sure I need to work on two hands on the handle longer off the second wake. I think I also need to keep my center of mass more to the outside longer off the second wake. Lastly I have to stop turning on side like a rodeo clown.

This will be an evolving list.

What are do you think you need to fix?
Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ Basta ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar 

Stella Blue ★ Stokes ★ World WaterSki League

Comments

• jcampjcamp Posts: 837 Mega Baller
    edited February 2013
    Not to pull so hard and to keep my elbows into my vest longer. And probably more importantly, more than 15 sets a season.
  • sb_dc_mbs_13sb_dc_mbs_13 Posts: 32 Baller
    Getting more buoys
    Brady
  • HortonHorton Posts: 28,770 Administrator
    @sb_dc_mbs_13
    I had not thought of that
    Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ Basta ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar 

Stella Blue ★ Stokes ★ World WaterSki League

• sb_dc_mbs_13sb_dc_mbs_13 Posts: 32 Baller
    But in all seriousness.... being stronger on my turns. I developed a bad tendency of getting bent over at the hips around the balls. Which led to a pretty bad injury that had me off the water.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,989 Mega Baller
    I need to get lighter.

I need to work on handle control off the second wake. I frequently keep two hands on the handle but I give the handle back to the boat instead of keeping that inside elbow in tight. I think this is a big key for me to run 35.
    Mark Shaffer
    Skoot1123
  • jRoejRoe Posts: 34 Baller
    Water skiing is about smooth tempo, you don't wanta go as hard as you can? (I read that somewhere.) Is this true statement?
  • WishWish Posts: 7,981 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Off side/toe side..have to figure out a way to keep outside shoulder back further into the turn. Counter rotate so shoulders are at least in line with the rope. Let the ski come around before my shoulders do. Ski doesn't finish all the way. Thought I was doing just that yesturday....then I saw the video...not even close.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    Skoot1123
  • swardcoswardco Posts: 64 Baller
    1. Stack
    2. Stack
    3. Stack
  • dtm8119dtm8119 Posts: 174 Baller
    skiing MORE! handle to the hips/stacked position
    Dan Cloutier
  • markchilcuttmarkchilcutt Posts: 944 Crazy Baller
    1)I need to focuse on correct teqnique and stop chasing bouy count during practice.
    2)learn my hardest pass -35 by slowing the boat down more often than i did last season.
    3)A smooth early light on the handle edge change by the centerline. I tend to have a big spike or load release after the 2nd wake which naturally takes me narrow to the turn bouy.
    4)Insane cardio conditioning, drop my weight from 182 to 170! BTW im half way there! current lbs 176!!
    5) Give back to the sport. Help whoever and whenever i can.
    Ski it if you can!!!!
    Steven_Haines
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 4,137 Mega Baller
    HIPS! and growing a pair.
  • ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,097
    - maintaining my core engagement with the handle all the way outbound, ala @matthewbrown
    - work on focus. Not letting what's going on around me to get in my head and distract me.
    - work on maintaining a more static position with my upper body as the ski makes it's transition, ala Nate.
    - work on moving the load through better into the trailing arm in the transition and outbound, ala @marcusbrown
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• A_BA_B Posts: 4,228 Mega Baller
    for me, less is more..
    Brady
  • BradyBrady Posts: 1,084 Mega Baller
    Stacking more and posting less
    I ski, therefore I am
    A_B6ballsSkoot1123
  • Learn to accelerate instead of resisting and never pull on the rope.
    JC McCavit
  • jackskijackski Posts: 263 Baller
    Keeping pressure on the ski right through the edge change.
    Jack
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,844 Mega Baller
    My top three: Leverage position, Handle control, Knees slightly bent (not locked). Handle control is going to be big - I think I let the handle out too quickly when I do let go and then I loose connection with the boat. Still need to release the same, just not as quick - thinking of it as a tension keeper.
    Brady
  • dislanddisland Posts: 1,381 Mega Baller
    More slalom less jump. Well really its less jump so I am not banged up so i can even do more slalom
    Dave Island- Princeton Lakes
  • SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,314 Mega Baller
    Resisting the urge to ski too much - a.k.a. less quantity more quality.
    www.FinWhispering.com ... Your ski should be your dance partner, not a wrestling opponent
    Brady
  • jimbrakejimbrake Posts: 1,347 Mega Baller
    tight line into the first wake
    spray height
    shorts, vest, gloves coordination
    "...all of the basic fun banter"
    BradyHortonSkoot1123
  • raynrayn Posts: 388 Baller
    Wide on the Gate
    Stack
    2 hands on handle longer

I am sure @chef23 has more for me
    Ray Newmark -
  • ZmanZman Posts: 1,585 Mega Baller
    Handle control into the turn, let ski come around while maintaining speed through the turn, let hips come back to the handle and get stack as the boat picks me up at the white water.
    Like @sb_dc_mbs_13 said - by doing the above - don't break at the waist on off side - got a little dinged up myself by doing that last July. Anxious to get back in the game!
    Also - glad to be back in the south again - many more sets this year!
    Last - find some ski partners in south GA!
  • whiteturnwhiteturn Posts: 4 New Baller
    Back arm pressure to keep outbound after edge change. Slow release of handle and light feed to boat. Hips and center of mass forward into direction of travel, not truly square to boat. Oh yeah, and "go around all of the bouys next time!"
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,348 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I need to keep light on the line and keep two hands on the wheel longer off the second wake.
    Scott Calderwood
  • GaryWilkinsonGaryWilkinson Posts: 342 Solid Baller
    #1 get in shape now so I don't waste the month of June getting the body in slalom shape.

#2 get into a deeper, more aligned position of leverage in white water.

#3 with better angle and speed from #2, while keeping trailing arm close, begin my turns earlier while casting wider in the course.

All this should result in better spray and deep water starts!
    I need to ski back to the handle obviously.
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,698 Mega Baller
    I asked my ski partner of 12 years what I have to work on this year. He is an excellent skier, great coach and is extremely analytical. He always has great insights, and I was excited to hear what he would suggest. When asked, he was immediately able to point out exactly what he thought I should work on first: My driving.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    SkiJayA_Brayn