Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fluid Motion silveretta with toe block ?

2»

Comments

• BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 4,329 Mega Baller
    @ral - sorry I wasn't more clear on that -

A bail is the part that holds a binding, this is more a cross country term than anything. So I refer to the release as the heel bail from time to time.

I've played with those screws a bit. I'm unclear on the purpose, for instance, Silvretta bindings are intended to hold the heel laterally as well as vertically, and if you have an antiskid pad under the heel (which reflex supplies, or velcro like FM does it) then where is the boot going if it is set up properly?

Silvretta does it on their actual binding. http://www.wildsnow.com/backcountry-ski-museum/silvretta-404-backcountry-skiing/404-vegas-release.wmv
  • ralral Posts: 1,762 Mega Baller
    edited March 2013
    @BraceMaker, plastic is better that steel (assume you are talking about the pre 404 all steel unit). Antiskid does not work too well, and gets worn out pretty quickly. This is why they replaced it with the blocks. Screws work well. Also, the blocks allow to fine tune the Silvretta pressure (two holes where to attach the unit to choose from).
    Rodrigo Andai
  • giddyupgiddyup Posts: 40 Baller
    i am setting up a reflex boot system, its has the 404 on the back with the black boot and the 750 on the front boot with the white cuff is there a pad suppost to be under the black boot heel dose anyone have a pic of the mod to the black boot cuff sorry for the questions just new to the reflex thing