Recomendation for Women's gloves

Jim NeelyJim Neely Posts: 291 Baller
I'm looking for a recommendation for ski gloves for my daughter (24 yrs old). Any suggestions? I'm particularly interested in the fit.
68" Vapor
kpickett

Comments

• A_BA_B Posts: 4,351 Mega Baller
    I'm not sure gloves are age-based, or even gender-based.

Some companies make female gloves, but whether they would work for your daughter depends on what she skis, how often, grip strength, or preference for amara vs Kevlar.
  • WishWish Posts: 8,421 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    What @AB said.... but Radar Vice gloves are fantastic. My 14yr old uses them and I'm convinced they keep her on the water longer. Other parts give out long before grip.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • AggieSkierAggieSkier Posts: 200 Baller
    I can't make a specific recommendation but there are some good closeouts on men's & women's gloves at H2Osmosis. Men's are mostly XL or XXL HO 41 Tails $30, Radar BOA $42, Women's Connelly $24 h2oproshop.com/closeoutdeals.html

Seth sold his pro shop to Brian in Saranac NY. Brian says he will be offering more closeouts as he goes thru the inventory.

My wife uses Men's gloves. A lot of womens gloves do not have finger tips - a benefit if they have long nails.

And if the fingers are a little baggy just use thin Kevlar gloves underneath.

Girls can sometimes be fashion over function so that is why I asked if she was hard core or just a casual skier. If they think they look good, they will want to do it more often.
  • lcarneslcarnes Posts: 123 Solid Baller
    I am very fond of Pro Gear gloves...they last a whole season for me, and they fit well without any wrinkles or folding over. A bit hard to find, but worth it. They have the amara palm...I use the extra small.
    MattP
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,823 Mega Baller
    Tail 41's.
    Maybe it's just me, but I would guess Pro Gear would sell more gloves if he changed his marketing slogan. I personally find it distasteful. And if I find it distasteful...........
    Skoot1123
  • MattPMattP Posts: 6,312 Mega Baller
    @AB I think it would only matter if ProGear advertised...
    edited April 2013
    @MattP, his website.
    He could say "Junk the rest"
  • DWDW Posts: 2,408 Mega Baller
    A couple of key elements before you settle on gloves: full finger or 3/4, regular or clincher style. What level skier and what is important: great fit (usually goess with hard to get on and off), easy to use (means not so important on bunching in the palm and easy to use straps), appearance if a casual skier. Once past that matrix you will narrow the choices down. As for fit, I tend to fit them very small in the store as they will stretch when wet and with wear. Narrow hands or long fingers will make it more difficult to fit. My personal favorites: Connelly Claw, my wifes: HO Esprit 3/4 finger gloves.
  • Jim NeelyJim Neely Posts: 291 Baller
    @DW Full finger, regular, course skier (pb is 2 @22off), appearance doesn't matter, currently wearing HOs but the fingers are too short
    68" Vapor
    This place has some crazy closeouts on occassion.
    http://www.wakehouse.com/closeout-waterski-accessories/
    Do you wear Kevlar liners? That can fill up the space and help protect your hands.
    The Masterline gloves come in kevlar like the Claw or Amara.