Masters Jr. Womens trick

Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,801 Mega Baller
I just watched the Masters Jr Womens tricks and those girls are unbelievable. I can't get over how good Neilly Ross and Anna Gay are at like 12 or 13 years old. They made everything look so easy and clean. Watching Neilly warm up with TBB and the reverse and make it look like a walk in the park was almost as cool as her full run.

Mark Shaffer
jayskiSpencer_Shultz7SkiJayBulldog

Comments

• hackerhacker Posts: 52 Baller
    I couldn't agree more... I wish I could just jump the wake on one of those slippery things as good as kids were doing on their warm ups.
    Jim Ecker - Founder and President of the Hacker's club
  • SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,314 Mega Baller
    edited May 2013
    Anna Gay is 13 and Neilly is only 11! Both of them must have nerves of steel to perform like that at a pressure-cooker like the Masters.
    www.FinWhispering.com ... Your ski should be your dance partner, not a wrestling opponent
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,801 Mega Baller
    @SkiJay the other option is they are too young to know the difference and are out skiing with their friends.
    Mark Shaffer
  • SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,314 Mega Baller
    edited May 2013
    @Chef23 You're right. There has to be an element of tournaments being a chance for them to play with their their friends. There's a group of about six young girls at the top of their division who've all grown up training and skiing tournaments together and they're fast friends.

On the other hand, all of them want to beat the other girls and some of them have developed a healthy appitite for breaking records and the accolades that earns. They also carry the burden of wanting to do their very best for their highly-competitive, big-shoes-to-fill, world-class-champion parents/coaches. And as if that's not enough pressure, they all know that the Masters is perhaps the most important tournament of them all.

Any way you slice it, these girls have proven they can deliver when they need to, and watching them push each other to continually raise the bar is going to be fascinating!
    www.FinWhispering.com ... Your ski should be your dance partner, not a wrestling opponent