Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another side of the Asher/Smith gate call

HortonHorton Posts: 28,311 Administrator
To say it was good thing that Will Asher won the 2013 Maters because Nate Smith missed the gates at 41 off would be false. It is neither a good thing nor a bad thing. One athlete legitimately performed better under the current set rules. Smith missed the gates and Asher went between them. It is that simple.

The judges were put in a position to make a decision and they did so. Personally, this is what I expect at the Masters but there are those who believe that Pro events are not always officiated with impunity. Unfortunately, there was one notorious event 2 years ago were the judging left the spectators perplexed and some athletes were clearly disserviced.

This result shows/clarifies a lack of bias at the Masters. A Nautique skier lost and a Malibu skier took the title. I am not surprised. No one should be surprised. The reputation of Correct Craft is that of integrity.

I am making this point to those skiers who doubt the honestly of some Pro events. To those who believe in conspiracies. Next time I hear half baked theories about shenanigans I am going to reference this result.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ McClintock's

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

Steven_HainesEd_JohnsonE_TBulldogBG1

Comments

• skibugskibug Posts: 2,043
    AMEN!!
    Bob Grizzi
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,523 Mega Baller
    edited May 2013
    Mmm, half-baked shenanigans are the best kind of shenanigans! (Hm, that seemed a lot funnier in my head. Oh well.)
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • KcSwerverKcSwerver Posts: 389 Baller
    Oh dear @than_bogan