Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gonna pay for that . . .

Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
With my knee problems I've not skied much this year. Today was calm (still cold). Skied two sets in the course at my public lake this morning, two more this evening at the private site -- ya, my body is going to revolt! Fun part was that I got to ski with @6balls for the first time this year and he was ripping. Also pulled my son @razorross3 for a set. Conditions were epic, had a great time being out -- it's worth it!
Jim Ross
WishSkoot1123

Comments

• A_BA_B Posts: 4,214 Mega Baller
    My old arthritic knees are killing me in this cold weather. I am hoping they will feel better when and if the water warms up. We skied today with water near 70 and air about 60. First day we haven't had gale winds ripping down the gut. Not skiing well right now, but its still way better than not skiing.
    Skoot1123
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,274 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Yah was ripping a little too hard with @razorskier1. Got a little deep into a 4 ball and though turned out fine tweaked my back a bit. Crazy to have it only be the 5th buoy set of the year given we're in June. Last year started in March!!
    Jim, once your surgical knee is healed up have your orthopod inject some Synvisc in there if still bothering. It's pretty expensive or I'd sneak some from clinic and do it myself next time we ski.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,474 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    It was so calm last night that Bester made me drive the lake first to break it up. We were at the 70/70 air/water mark so it was feeling good.
    Shut up and ski
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    @MS -- took half a day off yesterday because it looked like the only decent day of the weekend. It was worth the sore muscles, aching knee and pain in the back!
    Jim Ross
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,776 Mega Baller
    I had the day off also. Third day in a row of skiing due to north winds. Water temp is up to 65 degrees F. Air about 60. Knee is slowly getting stronger and the Razor is starting to rip. I also am a little sore! Where did I put that Hoveround?
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • Ed_ObermeierEd_Obermeier Posts: 1,339 Crazy Baller
    You who know me a bit here have probably seen me state before that I ski with a full on metal knee brace on my back (right) knee. So it's definitely doable and there is no shame in it. Early indications are this new one (that I actually went to the brace place and had fitted correctly...) is helping. The knee feels much more stable with the brace on while skiing and I feel like I'm better able to balance and shift weight on the ski, which has gotta eventually help performance. It's not uncomfortable at all and I kick myself for not going ahead and spending the money 2 - 3 years ago. Kind of an expensive fix but sure beats the crap out of not being able to ski more aggressively. If you have crap knees like I do, maybe it's brace time?

Ed Obermeier - owner, EZ-Slalom Course Systems
    www.ez-slalom.com
    SkiJayBulldog
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,776 Mega Baller
    edited June 2013
    I wear a brace early season until my left (front )knee strengthens up.
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,314 Mega Baller
    We're a bunch of teenagers trapped in aging bodies. Sigh ...
    www.FinWhispering.com ... Your ski should be your dance partner, not a wrestling opponent
    Ed_ObermeierBulldog
  • LZywicki1LZywicki1 Posts: 363 Crazy Baller
    Have had a CTI brace on my front knee for over 10 years, no MCL or ACL. At first it was for stability, now it helps with the pain from hitting the wake.
    First thing we get rid of the safety equipment