Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 Connelly Prophecy unboxing

HortonHorton Posts: 30,608 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts★ Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ 

McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Rodics OffCourseStokes

MattPKcSwerverTylerRJoelHowleyslalom

Comments

• DirtDirt Posts: 1,684 Open or Level 9 Skier
    edited June 2013
    You are going to really like that ski. It turns really well on both sides and casts outbound at the edge change better than any other ski I have ridden. Tournaments started and I did not have enough time to get it set up correctly. I plan on riding it again when I have more time.
    I learned everything I know not to do from Horton
    MattPJoelHowleyMike
  • MattPMattP Posts: 6,263 Mega Baller
    @Horton You are going to like that ski
    @Dirt did you get an advance copy of my review or something?
  • DirtDirt Posts: 1,684 Open or Level 9 Skier
    @MattP I look forward to reading your review. I am interested in where you ended up with binding placement and the fin.
    Anyone else riding the 13 Prophecy? Fin/Binding preferences?
    I learned everything I know not to do from Horton
  • skibugskibug Posts: 2,126
    I want to ride one after the great experience I have been having with my 12 Prophecy since last season. I am looking forward to @Horton's opinion of it over the 12.
    Bob Grizzi
    JoelHowley
  • gator1gator1 Posts: 591 Crazy Baller
    @dirt, I just switched to the 13 from the 12. Reflex and RTP don't work for me. I'm on the stealth, factory fin and binding placement, except I went one size smaller on the rear so I could snug it up tight to the front. I find the 13 to be quite a bit better. So I gave my 12 to a buddy, who likes it better than his red F1, which I took and gave to my other buddy, who likes the red F1 better than his blue F1. Each ski has been better, but it only takes a half a set to quit thinking about it and just finish the pass. Then upon reflection, "oh, that was better. hmmm"

Its hard to tell with all the other stuff going on, but on average I'd say the 13 vs the 12 has been worth about 3 balls to me.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 30,608 Administrator
    Settings anyone. I am starting with my 12 settings but always open to better #s

Barts★ Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ 

McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Rodics OffCourseStokes

• MattPMattP Posts: 6,263 Mega Baller
    @horton if your 12 settings are from the same sheet you gave me I would say that is a good place to start. I still have not tried the 13 stock or the factory recommended settings.
  • JoelHowleyJoelHowley Posts: 46 Baller
    The trend seems to be moving about half a hole further forward when swapping from the 2012 to the 2013 and leaving the fin the same.

However after moving around I am currently running everything the same.

>Heel of front foot -- 29.3307" from the tail of ski. (74.5cm)
    >Wing at 9
    > Fin at--2.529--6.823--.750
    slalom
  • HortonHorton Posts: 30,608 Administrator
    @JoelHowley
    67" Ski?

• JoelHowleyJoelHowley Posts: 46 Baller
    yeah. is that what you have?