Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reflex binding..what is nuetral/center?

WaternutWaternut Posts: 1,511 Crazy Baller
Looked at my ski yesterday and noticed that the side adjustment screws on my reflex boot were loose and the boot was pretty gouged up at different places. Since I've only had a few months on this boot and maybe 1-2 releases, I'm guessing the gouging is due to my boot sliding on the ski and slamming into the side screws.

I never thought much of it before but now that everything is loose, I have no idea where it was or where it's supposed to be. Should the screws be evenly tightened or is it just eyeballing a curved surface for straightness?

Comments

• DragoDrago Posts: 1,578 Mega Baller
    That needs a translation.there is a seam in the middle of the heel of the shell. Probably want that centered on the ski.
    SR SL Judge & Driver (“a driver who is super late on the wheel and is out of sync”)
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 849 Crazy Baller
    waternut ditto on what Drago says center your rear heel than put some kind of adhesive on the screws so they don't come loose. note when the boot is centered the screws will not be even meaning on rff skiers the left screw will be in farther in then the right screw.

Deano
  • ZmanZman Posts: 1,495 Crazy Baller
    are you Reflex users happy with them? On double Stradas now and liking them. If I were to try something else, it will be Reflex with the R-Style rear
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 849 Crazy Baller
    6 yrs now love my reflex fb and use a loose Wiley rear best set up I have had. I like my FB tight and then get to set the release where I want it. Must be the snow skier in me that likes the mechanical release
  • SpeshSpesh Posts: 93 Baller
    edited June 2013
    @Zman I switched to a Reflex setup last summer and would now not want to ski on anything else. I had an OTF last Wednesday at the second wake and am convinced that the release of the boot saved my ankle. Aside from the safety element, I think they are just great to ski on. Superb comfort and you feel completely connected to the ski.
  • KMKM Posts: 161 Baller
    I am thinking of switching from my homemade Fogman Riedell G-10 Dual Lock hybrids to the Reflex with R-style rear. I currently have my front boot rotated 3/16" clockwise and my rear boot rotated 9/16" counterclockwise (RFF). Can anyone enlighten me on whether the Reflex setup can be rotated similarly. Do you need the 2 plate setup or the monoplate setup to accomplish this?