What Dual Lock on Goode trick ski

gregygregy Posts: 2,590 Mega Baller
Need help from some of you Dual Lock gurus. I picked up a used Goode trick ski, blank. It had Dual Lock, I'm not sure about putting holes so what Dual Lock should I use. I have zero experience with the stuff.

Comments

• lblb Posts: 36 Baller
    Usually the ski has 170 or 250 and you match it with 400. I bought my last batch from http://www.bindingsource.com/ it was the cheapest I had found someone on here gave me the link.
    hope this helps
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 4,001 Infinite Pandas
    What binding system are you using? Reflex or rubber boots which do release do not require duallock. While Goodes did not come with inserts and Goodes don't seem to do well with the skins drilled for sheet metal screws, duallock is not required to mount a binding. Lots of duallock is heavy as is the full mounting plate - kind of defeats the purpose of a light ski. Just normally mount the binding with stainless sheet metal screws. When they pull out, repair by adding inserts. If you are bent on using duallock, you only need a couple screws in addition to securely attach the binding - regardless of the amount and numbers of duallock.

If you are using a non releasable boot, the duallock is necessary and you will need to experiment to find what works best for you.

Enjoy your excellent new toy and have fun learning new tricks.

Eric
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,823 Mega Baller
    Agree with Eric. As an option get the mounting hardware from Reflex where you epoxy on a stud to the top of the ski and then put a Reflex or normal rubber binding on with nuts.