Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WTB - Rear Binding or RTP for a KD7000

JaySmithJaySmith Posts: 3 New Baller
I just picked up a used KD 7000 ski that doesn't have a rear binding. I'd like to find a binding that will "bolt on." I'm not sure what fits it. I'm just getting back into skiing after 25 years so this ski should be a nice upgrade from my 30+ year old ski. I have a small foot so a small or medium binding would work for me. I've always skied with a RTP but would give a boot a try if that's all I can find. I live in the DFW area on Lake Ray Hubbard. If you have something that will work for me please let me know.

Thanks,
Jay

Comments

• 6balls6balls Posts: 4,868 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    My two cents is throw a D3 RTP on there and call it good.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    popof
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,621 Mega Baller
    Call Wileys I am sure they can hook you up.
    Mark Shaffer
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 2,779 Mega Baller
    Does it just have 6 holes (3 per side) in the area behind the front binding?

Or does it have inserts 2 by front binding, two quite a bit further back?

In the first situation then you just need a universal style rear toe loop - which is rubber and 2 plastic knobs + a pad/grip tape.

In the second you'll need more of a plate w/ loop attached.
  • JaySmithJaySmith Posts: 3 New Baller
    Thanks for the reply. My ski only has 4 holes/inserts. Two at the front and two at the back. The holes are ±10.5" apart. The two front holes are ±5.4" wide and the back holes are ±4.2" wide. A lot of the newer RTPs I see online look like they are narrower, but I don't really know. I'm trying to find something used/cheap just so I can ski this thing and see if I even like it. I don't want to get too much money tied up in this ski until I decide if I can ski it.