Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone on the D3 CX aluminum honeycomb trick?

grab2gograb2go Posts: 50 Baller
Has anyone moved from the foam cored CX to the aluminum honeycombed core CX? How much different do they ride? Any thoughts or comments about either ski are appreciated!

Comments

• ozskiozski Posts: 1,716
    I am on one but at my level my opinion has little worth. So far I have not broken it in half which means its very good!
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' 2021 MC As soon as it lands Water Ski Equipment - KD Platinum

• eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,989 Infinite Pandas
    @grab2go Most are moving from the honeycomb to the foam core. The foam core D3 is one of the best trick skis ever made if the performances of the skiers riding it is the measure. If you want an upgrade, get a brand new D3. It will feel similar but it's a bit lighter and stronger. A top of the line Reflex boot will help too.

There are some other fun skis out there as well. Both the Quantum and the Goode are excellent skis which will feel similar to your hardedge D3. The Tricksystems Reflex or the Goodman are really fun for hand tricks but have a different feel.

FWIW, I don't ski on any of the above skis - but my skis aren't for sale....

Eric