Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good camera to use with EZ Cam mount

I have been testing out using an EZ Cam mount but have run into a few problems with the video vibrating too much. My prop is good and my boat does not have an abnormal vibrations that I am aware of. Anyways first tested recording video with a Sony Handycam HDR-PJ380. It's a small, light camera that records to internal memory or SD card. The video recorded from this is almost unbearable to watch because there is so much vibration in it. Tested recording tonight with an older Canon Optura 20 tonight and the video was quite good, all things considered. The Canon is larger and does weigh more than the Sony. Does anyone have any experience with an EZ Cam mount and if so what type of camera has worked for you. I'm looking for more "traditional" cameras here and not GoPros or cell phones

Comments

• Deep11Deep11 Posts: 221 Solid Baller
    Really easy to use and switch between boats but durability issues : the top bit snapped off within a month, chucking the camera (playsport) into the back of the boat. The front mount not strong enough on its own to hold a camera - again lots of playing "catch the camera" when the skier takes a hit.
    Gone back to the trakker.
  • aswinter05aswinter05 Posts: 363 Baller
    Every camera I tried on the device didn't work out very well. Kodak Playsport, Cannon Powershot, GoPro Hero3, and Android RAZR cell phone.

Lots of video vibration. Also played a bunch of "catch the camera" like Deep 11 said.

Wish I could be of more help. I don't think there are a bunch of people out there yet with these EZ Cam's. They just launched in the US a few months back.

I recommend finding your favorite camera to use from the boat then taking that EZ Cam to the shop for some modifications.