Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goode Mid Fire bottom peeling

Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,972 Mega Baller
I had a disaster of a set this morning and when I took my ski off the bottom skin of my ski is peeling off. It is a Goode Fire Mid that is in its second season. Has anybody had an issue like this before?

I haven't reached out to Goode yet I am about to do that but it is bad timing because I leave for Coble's Ski School tomorrow and have a tournament the following two weekends and don't have a ski right now.image

I know April sells HO so maybe I come home with an A3.
Mark Shaffer

Comments

• AggieSkierAggieSkier Posts: 200 Baller
    My neighbor had that happen to his Fire. Goode replaced it. It looked like a snake shedding its skin.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,972 Mega Baller
    @JayG80 that is good to hear. I just sent Goode an email I figured they wouldn't be there on Saturday morning.
    Mark Shaffer
  • rfarfa Posts: 251 Baller
    Good luck with Goode...wonder if it was already like that at Oakham last weekend...have a great trip to Coble's...tell April I said hi...
    Rui Afonso
    @rfa it wasn't visibly like that last weekend and I ran -32 on Thursday so I think it was okay then.

I'll say hi to April for you.
    Mark Shaffer
  • ralral Posts: 1,727 Mega Baller
    Goode skis ski pretty good, but they are not famous for bulletproof construction. Yet to see a D3 with something like that...
    Rodrigo Andai
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 1,148 Mega Baller
    Peel it all off....n give it a go. U might like it better!
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 1,148 Mega Baller
    Just left April and Chris's place Thursday....had Wednesday nite tacos with over 30 students ....went on the school bus for ice cream too! Awesome place ! Her folks are super nice too!
    Coble's place is great. You are a braver man than I am if you got on the school bus. I usually have a rental car there and we take that and meet the kids at ice cream.

The Coble and Eller (Chris' mom drives the bus sometimes) family are great it is a lot of fun. We are bringing 10 skiers from our lake down there next week.
    Mark Shaffer
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,521 Mega Baller
    Great news on the replacement. Goode has really changed their customer service from dubious to great in just the last few seasons. I think I know at least one reason, but I don't think he wants me to "out" him on this board :).

I am loving the idea that we have 10+ skiers on our lake interested enough to go to Cobles!

Meanwhile I am trying not to quit the sport after another great week of practice (shoulda run a -38 in backwash but choked it) and another terrible tournament day. But today something was definitely wrong with me -- no energy at all. In fact I've been mostly sleeping since 4pm (and I'm sure everyone enjoyed those 6 hours of no posts from me). Here's hoping tomorrow will be different!
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    @Than_Bogan tomorrow is a new day good luck at Dube's.
    Mark Shaffer
  • h2oskierh2oskier Posts: 9 Baller
    I had the exact same problem on my Goode 9960 mid. It is 2 seasons old! So far, I am still using it, but don't know how long it will last.
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,826 Mega Baller
    @Chef23 - even with the Goode being delivered, try demoing the new A3! Awesome ski, as I demoed it last week - and ended up taking it home.

The bus ride to ice cream was fun by the way!!!
    @Skoot123 I skied 3 sets yesterday on the A3 and came away underwhelmed. It felt twitchy to me and I didn't trust it. By the third set I felt I could make it work but I was more comfortable right away on other skis.

I am at the Fedes office right now and nobody can find my ski. It got stuck in Memphis on Sunday night and it is supposedly in the building I am in right now but nobody knows where it is.
    Mark Shaffer
    Got my ski finally Fedex had some trouble tracking it down. If it stops raining I will get to use it.
    Mark Shaffer
    jcamp
  • WylieSkierWylieSkier Posts: 6 Baller
    Speaking of Goode customer service, I got a 9800 SL and a wiley power plate recently from ski-it-again.com and I must have called them at least 10 times to help me figure out the dual lock...what time on the ski vs boot, what was on there now, etc. I was really impressed.

@Chef23, let us know how it goes at Cobles. I bet you're glad to get your ski!
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,666
    Has anyone seen any other brand of ski fall apart like this?
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski - KD Platinum

• A_BA_B Posts: 4,180 Mega Baller
    Years ago, HO Extremes peeled like that. Went through 3. HO stood behind every one.
    Ran 32 off out of the water bothe sets on my new 9960 Mid. The ski feels much better to me than the A3 did. More stable, turns just as well and gets plenty of angle. I am glad to be back on it and thank the folks at Goode for getting it to me quickly.
    Mark Shaffer
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,826 Mega Baller
    @chef23 - sorry the A3 didn't work for ya. But glad you got your ski in time to use it. Have fun down there!!
  • teammalibuteammalibu Posts: 835 Crazy Baller
    A friend called me in a panic sunday nite his 9900 was delaminating. Told him to call the folks at goode and they are taking care of him!!
    Mike Erb Cedar Ridge Canton Miss.
    Horton is my hero
    Not feeling completely comfortable on the new stick. I have run 32 every set but 1 but the offside is slow coming around. We added some tip tonight and we will see how it works tomorrow.
    Mark Shaffer