Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Connelly Prophecy Review - report # 2

HortonHorton Posts: 28,355 Administrator
I now have a few weeks on the the Connelly under my belt. I have sort of wandered around with fin and binding settings but yesterday I think I hit gold.

6.824 / 2.515 / .755 (head) bindings 29 3/8

I am really not sure what the final review will say yet but I am 100% sure that this is a ski that more skiers should consider. 35 is a pass that I do not miss very often but I do not always make it look good. With the current settings I feel like superman at 32 and 35 on the Prophecy. When things go sideways at 38 it “is the indian not the arrow”. With that said I did match my all time practice PB yesterday with 2 @ 39.

I have had to tune the fin and adjust my skiing to mellow out off side turns. Otherwise the Prophecy just goes 90.

For now I guess I can say I am digging it and skiing about as well as I have ever skied on any ski.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ McClintock's

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

MattP

Comments

• skibugskibug Posts: 2,043
    @Horton, by chance did you try those numbers in the 2012 model? I think you landed somewhere else on the number for 2012. It would be interesting to hear a side by side comparison...this is sort of a selfish request...short of me having to find a 2013 to ride and do it myself.
    Bob Grizzi
  • DirtDirt Posts: 1,609 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @Horton, I agree it is a great ski. If you have time (you have time...Shane is driving and all you are doing is skiing and drinking), please try:
    Binding 29 7/16 ish
    6.858 tips
    .78 ish flat
    Shallower = better at 34 IMOimage
    I learned everything I know not to do from Horton
    MattP
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,775 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    ... and keep your right shoulder up gates-2-4.
    MattP
  • skibugskibug Posts: 2,043
    If anyone keeps this ski, I have made the fin block adjustable for tip and depth; which takes out 2 of the three variables for adjusting it. This makes it a lot easier to work with when fiddle F'n with the fin. I can post some picks and explain if there is any interest.
    Bob Grizzi
  • Not_The_PugNot_The_Pug Posts: 603 Crazy Baller
    Would like to try the Connelly, but @Dirt keeps saying I can try his and never shows up with it. :)

Oh and by the way, Fritz said we can use your boat as the pickup boat at the Firecracker.
    @krlee, you can use my new boat if you want.image
  • Not_The_PugNot_The_Pug Posts: 603 Crazy Baller
    @dirt we could take that over the ramp at lake 3?
  • jimbrakejimbrake Posts: 1,338 Mega Baller
    Interesting side note - I went 132 feet off the Lake 3 ramp in October 1983. That's all. Thanks. Bye.
    "...all of the basic fun banter"
  • JordanJordan Posts: 1,203 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Any Horton video? Of either skiing on the prophecy or of drowning in some Kilo Kai on the road trip? :-0
  • HortonHorton Posts: 28,355 Administrator
    Hey guys with Ski Review threads I really do not want to go off topic.

I tried taking the wing off. Off side was maybe even better but on side was not as smooth. I did run 5 @ 38 in the dark with it off but I think this ski needs some wing to stabilize the ski going out to on side and draw the ski back approaching apex.

• ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,085
    After watching the Ball of Hair on this thing for a week, I am pretty sure that the '13 Prophecy is the real deal.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

@Horton - yeah and I'd like all threads not to devolve into a discussion of craft brews, but it is what it is.
  • MattPMattP Posts: 6,035 Mega Baller
    I'm on some new settings on my prophecy and wow I'll report back in a few days.
  • webbdawg99webbdawg99 Posts: 1,067 Mega Baller
    @MattP After the monsoon I assume?
    @webbdawg99 eh I was going to ski today. I did not know Jesse was there. Last 2 times it rained like this I ran with in a buoy of my PB.. I like skiing in the rain.
    @MattP I think he left at 2 bc of weather
    edited July 2013
    @MattP and 1.21 gigawatts!
    @webbdawg99 details..... Details....
  • HortonHorton Posts: 28,355 Administrator
    again please do not litter this thread with Crap!

@Horton keep the thread on topic and interesting. One ride with the settings above and report back please. Trust me, I am not messing with you.
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,301 Mega Baller
    Now....back to craft beer :-)
    Sorry, that's about what I look forward to these days
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
    @skidawg - me, too.