Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shane Hill skis QuickSet (Poorly)

HortonHorton Posts: 28,515 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ McClintock's

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

MattPaswinter05ralBradydanbirch

Comments

• RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,272 Mega Baller
    missed the entry gate on his opener, but still looked like a fun place to rip it up
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,668
    Ok, is there a Horton set for us now? Its certainly short, not much time to kick a foot into a toe strap..
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski - KD Platinum

• A_BA_B Posts: 4,206 Mega Baller
    Holy Smokes, I wouldn't even be OUT of the water by the gates!
    Brady
  • Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,197
    edited July 2013
    I didnt realize how short that was until watching that video. When you hear the cruise beep, Shane is about to turn in for the gates. That's crazy short!! In Shanes defense, that 32mph 28 off pass you guys made him do killed his rythm -jk
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
  • ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,094
    edited July 2013
    I could set a pb there with a little practice. But it is WAY quick. Whatever it is you are working on that you tell yourself to do is out the freaking window and you ski off of instinct as soon as that boat turns right. It got better as the set went on as I learned to initiate that move out harder and then ride the line outbound as the boat went right. I ran a 32 after the video was over that I finally got up on the boat in the gate glide. So much fun, though.

@richarddoane I wasn't even sure I was in the same zip code of the gates on my opener! lol
    Shane "Crash" Hill

Skoot1123Brady
  • webbdawg99webbdawg99 Posts: 1,067 Mega Baller
    I think @Horton should remove the "(Poorly)" from the thread title unless he posts a video of himself doing it better
    Texas6A_BBradyE_T
    Oh noooo. That WAS poorly! I was all over the place!
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• webbdawg99webbdawg99 Posts: 1,067 Mega Baller
    I wasn't endorsing your skiing as much as calling out the ball of hair. But I wouldnt be too hard on yourself....thats the craziest setup I've ever seen!
    Brady
  • teammalibuteammalibu Posts: 867 Mega Baller
    Another Baller gets hooked on Quickset!!
    Mike Erb Cedar Ridge Canton Miss.
    Horton is my hero
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,827 Mega Baller
    @shaneH - great skiing in a short short short setup. That Mapple 6.0 is working for ya!
    Brady
    How long is the lake, er pond?
    1280 feet end to end.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

Wow.
  • MattPMattP Posts: 6,060 Mega Baller
    That looks fun.
  • usaski1usaski1 Posts: 742 Crazy Baller
    That's crazy short! Nice skiing Shane... John, wheres my jump vid from Texas state?
    Mark Turner -- Water skiing changed my life forever.
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,543 Mega Baller
    edited July 2013
    Can't resist a link to John's Pond. Quickset does look crazy, but at least they could do it with only one slalom course. If you look closely at this zoomed in view, you can see the buoys at Johns -- two on each side because there are two full courses that overlap in order to have enough room.

Gotta be nuts to even try that, right? And yet it's consistently one of the best performing sites in the region. I am already getting psyched for my annual visit July 20th.

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=34+Medaugh+Rd,+Sussex,+NJ&aq=1&oq=34+medau&sll=42.036922,-71.683501&sspn=2.978219,3.812256&vpsrc=6&t=h&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=34+Medaugh+Rd,+Sussex,+New+Jersey+07461&ll=41.295722,-74.646057&spn=0.001471,0.001861&z=19&iwloc=A
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • HortonHorton Posts: 28,515 Administrator
    More pics and video from the Horton & Hill tour coming soon

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ McClintock's

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

edited July 2013
    I remember now one thing that was jacking with me. It wasn't the water in my eyes or my shorts. It was the fact that I get up overhanded and had to switch to a normal baseball bat grip in between getting up and pulling out.

After the last 32 off pass which he didn't include in this video, Horton could be heard to say........ "well that's one way to do it." I'm thinking he didn't mean that as a good thing. LOL
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• MattPMattP Posts: 6,060 Mega Baller
    @than_bogan holy cow and I thought @OB and I had a lot of buoys
    Brady
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,257 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @shaneH I get up two hand overhand as well and am a toe loop guy so man it would be tough to be ready for pull out. Tough set up there. Other issue is boat speed at time of pull out on short set-ups. I often find the boat isn't there yet and it screws with my pull out. Any distractions tend to amp me into pull mode and there would be plenty there. Having said that, our "swamp" ain't for everyone for a variety of issues.
    Super short set-ups would have me on the one hand gate for sure to allow for a later pull out.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • colo_skiercolo_skier Posts: 784 Solid Baller
    @6balls,
    I thought the swamp was great. Could have done without the weed birds flying off the handles but hey Skiing was fantastic there. Thanks again for letting me get some sets in.
    Not sure I know what I am doing. The boat goes I follow. Trying to perfect the deep water start. Squirrel!
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,257 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @colo_skier SE course is now weed free baby! NW course is free but short set-ups to avoid the shallows where we had gnarly algae bloom over there...skiing there 12 years and never seen that before. Oh well...skied there yesterday in BIG NW wind on glass. Hard to beat that! You are welcome back anytime.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • auskierauskier Posts: 456 Baller
    serious question.. can a 200 with a 5.7 get to 36 before the gates?
    its certainly not a gate set-up you practice too often!
    Toby
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,543 Mega Baller
    I gotta agree with @Brady from another thread: That Shane dude is way too good looking. I'm surprised the buoys don't faint as he passes them.

I've always consoled myself that it may be a bit of a curse to be that attractive: With every woman interested, you have two problems: 1) you can't tell who's *really* interested and 2) paralysis from too much choice.

That's my theory and I'm stickin' to it!
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    Brady
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 2,145
    I believe it is a Curse he can live with...Just like the Curse Nate has that 41 is to easy !!!!
    Special Thanks to Performance Ski and Surf and the Denali Adam's !!!
    Brady
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,583 Mega Baller
    @shaneh you still liking the M6.0. You and Ed J talked me into. I got OBs hope to try it tomorrow.