Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

G10 Plate

SkihackSkihack Posts: 448 Baller
How are you guys attaching bindings to the G10 Plate? I have tee nuts which have prongs but I do not know if the prongs will penetrate. Do you tap the holes in the G10 Plate? At 1/8" thick I am thinking there would not be enough threads there. Another way would be to countersink the bottom and put screws up fromthe bottom and put bindings down securing with a ss nut. What works best?

Comments

• A_BA_B Posts: 4,076 Mega Baller
    I drilled and countersunk holes and ran screws in from the bottom. No problems.
  • KcSwerverKcSwerver Posts: 389 Baller
    Also Countersunk holes and screwed from the bottom with regular washer and nut on top. Held all my stuff great
  • teammalibuteammalibu Posts: 784 Crazy Baller
    Ditto with AB and KcS!!
    Mike Erb Cedar Ridge Canton Miss.
    Horton is my hero
    edited July 2013
    I have Strada boots mounted direct to the G10. Sounds like how are talking about mounting your standard plates to a G10 with a nut on top, right?

I even mounted Animals to G10 directly. Just used the plate holes to mark holes on the G10, then drilled the G10 plate and countersunk holes and screwed directly into the binding frame without a metal plate. Lots of work on that one. Stradas have 5 holes to drill for,each boot.
  • acmxacmx Posts: 238 Baller
    The Goode G10 Plate Comes With Small Threaded Inserts That Press In From The Bottom Of The Plate, So You Can remove your Binding Without Peeling The Plate Off The Ski.
    To me, it was about taking the metal plate off so the ski would flex better. I don't know if this is true or not or worth the effort, but seemed to make sense.