Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Junior use wing?

tru-jacktru-jack Posts: 200 Baller
My 7 yr old daughter is starting to slalom and is progressing well. Ski is 63.5" d3 x5pro with xxs Wiley boot. Boat speed is 22 mph and were playing in mini course but mostly having fun and working on balanced technique. My question, should I have the wing on the fin? If so, what angle? Thanks

Comments

• MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,771 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    No. When she gets to full speed and 28 off plus you might think about it. Way to many people in general are using wings.
    Than_Bogan
  • KevFugKevFug Posts: 9 New Baller
    Should I use a wing on my Radar Theory?? Just getting back into skiing. Ski at 28-32 MPH, Open Water? Thanks
  • jwroblewjwroblew Posts: 143 Baller
    I would say no wing, I don't agree with @MrJones on max speed and 28' off comment though. I'm guessing a 63.5" ski is still quite large for the 7 year old, so you may need one before she gets to 30mph 15' off.
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,510 Mega Baller
    @KevFug I'd say no to that as well. In fact, I don't think I'd ever recommend a wing for someone exclusively skiing open water. Might as well learn to slow down yourself!
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • tru-jacktru-jack Posts: 200 Baller
    thanks guys, I got the 'bigger than junior ski' based on recommendations from some coaches as it permits good float at the slower speeds. so far so good and she's growing like a weed, so it's getting better everyday. thanks again.