2021Survey ConnellyDV8

Fill out the BallOfSpray reader survey for a chance to win a Connelly DV8

HELP! Skis were Stolen — BallOfSpray Water Ski Forum

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HELP! Skis were Stolen

CreekerCreeker Posts: 32 Baller
New to posting at this site... not sure where it is best to post this...
My son's Red A3 2013 65 with Reflex.
and
My White and HO Triumph were stolen from out boat near Charlotte NC.
As well as gloves, vest, handles, etc.
Any leads wood greatly appreciated!

Comments

• MattPMattP Posts: 6,249 Mega Baller
    Sorry to hear that. I have had a ski stollen before its not a fun time i know. Do you have serial numbers for the skis? Make sure you check local used sporting goods stores, eBay, ski-it-again and creigs list for surrounding areas. I wish you the best of luck finding them.
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,590 Mega Baller
    Check pawn shops also. A3 with a Reflex that's pretty rare, they probably have no idea of what they have. Where was the boat at the time?

I had a ski along with a bunch of other stuff stolen out of my vehicle once the ski was the only think that I was upset about. Had it really dialed in and just a few weeks before regionals.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 6,063 Mega Baller
    Watch your local Craigslist, eBay and Ski-it-again. I would say SIA is unlikely unless the person is a skier which would really suck.
    Mark Shaffer
    Drago
  • sunperchsunperch Posts: 278 Crazy Baller
    @Creeker, we feel your pain. The creeps that hit our boat shed (and the 8 boats in it) even stole our brass plug and tried to rip out the throttle cable presumably for the copper in the cable.
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 2,050 Mega Baller
    Best of luck @creeker! Hope you find it - the above posts hit all the hotspots for selling "stuff." If you have any pictures of the gear you can make copies and hand out flyers at the local sporting goods stores or any Pawn shops around. Hope you find it!
    bogboy
  • BCMBCM Posts: 270 Baller
    @creeker - I'm a few hours north of you, I'll keep my eyes out on CL and the local used sporting goods stores.

Good luck, I hope you find your gear.
    ToddL
  • CreekerCreeker Posts: 32 Baller
    The guy brought to skis to a local sports equipment reseller. However, the reseller did not buy the skis as he thought the deal was suspesious.
    Stil hoping to recover the ski stuff
  • MattPMattP Posts: 6,249 Mega Baller
    @creeker did they have video of the guy?
  • Monkstr6100Monkstr6100 Posts: 108 Baller
    Hope they can find the scum that took your stuff. They are pretty bold to actually walk into a shop and try to sell the stuff. Most criminals don't make it very long because they are not very intelligent. Good luck.
    THE FAMILY THAT PLAYS TOGETHER, STAYS TOGETHER! TEAM JACHOWICZ
    bogboy
  • CreekerCreeker Posts: 32 Baller
    No video. Just a description.
  • A_BA_B Posts: 4,300 Mega Baller
    We have had our shed broken into 3 times and they took combo skis, tubes, wakeboard stuff, and other tools. The cops said they usuall have a fence and unload quickly so they don't get caught with merchandise. Sounds like your guy might not have been a professional, so there could be a chance it was just someone who made a bad choice and now scrambling to get something out of it.
    bogboy
  • skier2788skier2788 Posts: 797 Crazy Baller
    @creeker there is a 2013 A3 65 listed on sia. In toccoa GA. 600. Seems cheap for a brand new stick. Not sure the proximity to you. If nothins else good replacement. Sia24918
    Travis Torley
    Brady
  • Lieutenant DanLieutenant Dan Posts: 215 Baller
    @AB I agree. My assumption has always been that a professional thief knows that he couldn't fence ski equipment because there just can't be much of a market for the stuff, i.e. unlike electronics. Therefore, that just leaves the meth addicts and other numbskulls who would do something like taking the stuff to All About Sports. Good luck to you @creeker in recovering your stuff...hopefully they catch the idiots as well.