Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many Ballers use the Slot Fin

Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 1,705 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
edited August 2013 in Skis Fins Bindings
Hi Guy's, I know the percentage is not going to be high, but how many ballers use the slot fin, I was curious because there is always discussion about fin settings on new skis, yet Schnitz claims the settings for the slot fin, remains the same for all skis, except goode.
I do not understand how this works ? I do not recall seeing any Pro's use one.

" Ski It Like You Mean It ! ”

Comments

• A_BA_B Posts: 3,972 Mega Baller
    I've used one. Thought it would help turn the bigger skis better,,which I think it did. I just felt the ski was rolling off edge behind the boat, so went back to a stock fin.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,555 Mega Baller
    I have one in my basement but I haven't tried it since my Monza.
    Mark Shaffer
  • SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,208 Mega Baller
    I've used one on and off for four years. Every time I put it on, I like it a lot. There's less drag, more acceleration, a nice tip-low attitude, and hard crisp turns. I usually take it off shortly after some shortline bigshot starts big-dogging me about how wrong I must be since no pros use one.
    www.FinWhispering.com ... Your ski should be your dance partner, not a wrestling opponent
  • Steven HainesSteven Haines Posts: 946 Solid Baller
    If it works who cares what anyone thinks?
  • A_BA_B Posts: 3,972 Mega Baller
    I am sure there are certain styles that it would be good with. I have tried it a couple times on different skis and probably could have messed around with it some more. Wasn't a wow factor change so went back.
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 1,838
    Used the Slot Fin on lots of Goodes with great results, up to the first Nano..Also, years a go on the HO Monza, which made a HUGE difference in performance....In 2011, switched to using the Carbon Fin on all my skis since...Has improved everyone of them, including my current Mapple 6.0..Just love the rebound effect off the apex, and how it smoothes out the finish of the turn..Include a mini ventral on the front and a standard ventral rear.
    Loving the Reflex Supershell with R Style Rear !!!
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,229 Crazy Baller
    edited August 2013
    I've used one for about four years. At the end of last season I went from 34 to 32 and wanted to get rid of the wing. (Wing is fixed on speed slot fin) went back to the stock fin (RCX) and after three sets went back to the speed slot fin. Got on a Quest this summer and just really didn't feel that much better than my RCX. Put the speed slot fin on the Quest and felt a real improvement. No real increase in buoy count, just smoother and more consistent. Not for every style , but good for me. There is a slot fin and a speed slot fin, so be aware that I speak of the SSF. About pros use of ski equipment. Most of them get their equipment for free and the manufacturer wouldn't take kindly to their use of non OEM additions and Schnitz can't give away fins being a small entrepreneur. That's the reason that for such a long time you never saw any pros on hard shells.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
    Anybody run a slot fin on a Goode Mid and have the numbers for it. I have a slot fin and haven't been thrilled with the offside on my Mid and am thinking about trying the slot fin.
    Mark Shaffer
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 1,705 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @Chef23 if you go to the schnitz website, select fins ( thats where he sells them) scroll down and the numbers he recommends for the goode skis, is there.

" Ski It Like You Mean It ! ”

@Stevie Boy I found that on his website I just didn't know if the numbers might be different for a mid.
    Mark Shaffer
  • PurdueSkierPurdueSkier Posts: 151 Baller
    I am running a slot fin on the S2. I ski at 36 mph but got the S2 because I felt it fit my style a little better. I liked it with the stock fin but felt I couldn't get The tail to come around like I wanted on my on side. Switched this year to the slot. I really like it and am very comfortable on it. My settings are different from his recommendations but they work for me.