Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I confess I am a tricker

HortonHorton Posts: 30,174 Administrator
It is in the books. Last weekend I scored 2600. Darn Eddie at Radar made me get a Graviton and start tricking again.

Next stop 3000 points. A lot of practice to get to 4k then I set my sights on @ELeeSki

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes 

NasonandjulesE_T

Comments

• RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,535 Mega Baller
    @horton - I'll let you try my Jumpers.....
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • HortonHorton Posts: 30,174 Administrator
    @richarddoane man I still have jump dreams. If you watch me watch jumpers my right leg twitches when I see someone hit the ramp. If I was unaware of my age and the damage in my ankles and knees I would totally do it. Last time I jumped was in 93. Never again.

• NasonNason Posts: 27 Baller
    @Horton Next thing you know you'll be proposing rule changes specifically regarding tricks. If you start wearing white dress shirts...haha
  • andjulesandjules Posts: 843 Mega Baller
    I wish I had the water-time to start tricking again. I was always better at it than slalom. But after a few summers where - given how little time I'd get to practice - the best I could hope for was to get worse slower... I decided to let go & devote what time I had to swerving.
  • Not_The_PugNot_The_Pug Posts: 648 Crazy Baller
    @Horton Is it like a 12 step program? First you have to admit you have a problem!
  • MattPMattP Posts: 6,234 Mega Baller
    The day @Horton beats @ELeeSki in trick I will buy him a bottle of Kilo Kai
  • andjulesandjules Posts: 843 Mega Baller
    @MattP - a bottle for @Horton or for @ELeeSki ? ;-)
    @andjules good question. Reward the victor or consul the looser.. hmm
  • A_BA_B Posts: 4,296 Mega Baller
    edited September 2013
    @Horton finally comes out of the closet...
    Nick SullivanIntheday
  • usaski1usaski1 Posts: 752 Crazy Baller
    I want to see a Horton trick pic / vid.
    Mark Turner -- Water skiing changed my life forever.
    crap

KcSwerverE_T
  • usaski1usaski1 Posts: 752 Crazy Baller
    Pics or it didn't happen! na na!
    Mark Turner -- Water skiing changed my life forever.
  • GAJ0004GAJ0004 Posts: 1,095 Baller
    @Horton, AWESOME JOB JOHN!!! I am still trying to hit the 2000 point mark. My best is 1600. I am very close to adding a reverse toe slide to my toe pass. I would hate to see trick skiing die off, but with RADAR starting to make trick skis it looks like it may make a comeback..
    Gary Janzig Streetsboro Ohio, skis at Lake Latonka, Mercer Pennsylvania slalom,trick,kneeboard,barefoot
    @Horton, How do you like the RADAR trick ski. One of the other trick skiers a I know from PA just got one. He said it is very easy to get lift off the wake.
    Gary Janzig Streetsboro Ohio, skis at Lake Latonka, Mercer Pennsylvania slalom,trick,kneeboard,barefoot
    yea, hell yea. I made a flip the first time on 20 years the other day. The Graviton is awesone

andjules
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,713
    I trick about 800 plus a toe side flip... Its ugly but good fun on social days.. give me a trick over a wakeboard any day
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' 2021 MC As soon as it lands Ski - KD Platinum

@Horton I would pay money to see you flip..
    E_T
    @mattp you know my PayPal account address

@horton ill send you all that's in it.
    I guys I can expect a number with 4 zeros

• Chef23Chef23 Posts: 6,060 Mega Baller
    @Horton can you tell us your trick passes? Serious question I am not trying to bust on you. I would love to get to 2K and need to figure out what to add.
    Mark Shaffer
    @chef23 you can hit 2050 points 1st pass ss rss b f rb wbb rwbb rf wb wf rwb rwf wo rwo
    2nd pass tb tf twb twf ts
    I am still working on getting all of those in a 20 second pass. I do better on toe tricks than on wake tricks. Still struggling with consistency on the wake 360 tricks. I also have a hard time moving fast enough to get all of them in 20 seconds. I am getting close to getting a reverse toe slide. I am also struggling with line tricks. It will be some time before I add them to a trick run for a tournament. Just can't do them fast enough. (yet). I am thinking plyometrics in the offseason will help me.
  • klindyklindy Posts: 2,587 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @GAJ0004 I'm thinking you're missing something. Perhaps a BB, RBB?? what you have written above would score 1810 not 2050.
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Chairman of the Board
    AWSA Southern Region EVP
    @klindy, Yes, I did forget to put those in, right before the WBB's. Last time I try to do any serious thinking after work.. My brain just shuts down..
    Haaa. I had no idea what my run was so I was making crap up.

• crashmancrashman Posts: 722 Crazy Baller
    edited September 2013
    Looks fun. Dumb question alert- I've searched but can't figure out the boat speed for tricking- what's the official speed? I might be mostly limited to a lake with a 20mph speed limit next year- is that fast enough to screw around with a trick ski? I can't imagine enjoying it as much as slalom but I won't knock until I've tried it.
    slalom addiction triggering irrational behavior
    Adult men trick between 18 and 20 (ish) mph. You choose. Some pro men might go a little faster. you can go faster or slower as you wish.

• eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,977 Infinite Pandas
    Unless you are a big guy on a small ski, 18mph is about as fast as a developing skier should go. Faster speeds make the wake harder and the ski slipperier but allow more tricks per pass and favor some advanced tricks. Start slower and find a balance where half your falls are from slipping out and half from sticking. Adjust your line so the wake is about 3 ski lengths wide. If you do speed up, lengthen your rope to keep the wake the same width. Not many ski over 20mph.

On the other end, I don't like to go much slower than 16mph. I'll try to work kids and small women up to 16 as soon as they are ready. Too slow speeds give weird wakes and water feel. Obviously really little kids should start slower.

I ski 18.5mph. Kirk toes at 17.5 and hands at 18.5. Lisa skis at 17.1. And we are "the best skiers on the lake"!

Eric
    you are the only skiers at your lake