Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another unique GoPro angle for slalom

Just some easy open water pulls- cool camera angle...but nothing that I would even consider wearing in the course.

WishSkoot1123Porkfight

Comments

• MattPMattP Posts: 6,067 Mega Baller
    @tom315 thats a pretty different angle and camera movement. How did you do it?
  • Tom351Tom351 Posts: 112 Baller
    Basically I made one of these:

Although mine had a longer arm on the camera side (shorter arm on counterweight side)- which is why it mostly trailed behind me and then caught up after the edge change/decel and then swung wide at each turn. And yes, it looked completely absurd on my head...but I think the footage is cool enough to warrant looking a bit silly...just glad that I gid not wreck with it on.

• jwroblewjwroblew Posts: 143 Baller
    Is that a vintage HO-CDX?
  • klindyklindy Posts: 2,349 Mega Baller
    Pretty cool!!
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Vice President
    AWSA Southern Region EVP
  • Tom351Tom351 Posts: 112 Baller
    It sure is a vintage CDX! I think a 2000 model- I think I am a few years overdue for an upgrade!
  • jimbrakejimbrake Posts: 1,345 Mega Baller
    Nice video @Tom351. There is something I'm working on in the course (keeping my trailing elbow tight to my vest past the edge change) that your set up might show pretty well. Would like to see video of some high level skiers with this camera set up.
    "...all of the basic fun banter"