Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tried an A1 today

CamCam Posts: 352 Crazy Baller
edited February 2009 in Skis Fins Bindings
<p>
Had my 1st set on an A1 today and I am hooked it does everything my 05 Monza does but faster and easier.
</p>
<p>
I am 180lbs and ski on a 68" monza into -32 @ 34mph but my test ski was a 66.25" owned by a 36mph -38 skier and it felt good, I am just wondering if I should go for the 67.5" for my standard and speed as I can't demo any other skis than friend's skis.
</p>
<p>
 Thanks
</p>
<p>
Cam
</p>

Comments

• AliAli Posts: 197 Baller
    <p>
    Hi Cam
    </p>
    <p>
     on a 2005 monza myself, you are just re-enforcing what I have heard elsewhere about the A1, sounds like I am going to be spending money again. Easier choice for me at 160lbs I am on a 67' monza so apparently the 66.25 A1 is right for me at 55 kmh
    </p>
    <p>

</p>
    <p>
    cheers
    </p>
    <p>
    Ali
    </p>
  • CamCam Posts: 352 Crazy Baller
    <p>
    Thanks Ali,
    </p>
    <p>
     Can't seem to get any advice anywhere, looks like I am either going to have to loose some weight or stick with my monza until the summer and hope I meet someone with a ski I can demo.
    </p>
    <p>
     Cam
    </p>
  • HortonHorton Posts: 29,988 Administrator
    <p>
    Cam,
    </p>
    <p>
    It is a tough call but I think the 67.5 would be great for 34mph. If you buy from Tadd at H2Oz you can to the try before you buy program.
    </p>

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes 

• CamCam Posts: 352 Crazy Baller
    <p>
    Thanks John,
    </p>
    <p>
    I am on a 68 Monza so I don't think the 67.5 will hurt me.
    </p>
    <p>
    HO have a policy now that they won't allow US dealers to sell to Europe and there is only one outlet in Scotland who can't get demos, but I will support the local dealer anyway.
    </p>
    <p>
     Cam
    </p>
    <p>

</p>
  • AliAli Posts: 197 Baller
    <p>
    Cam
    </p>
    <p>
     The Jamins at Lacanau near bordeaux have a pro shop selling HO, you could always go there for a ski school and ski demo session.
    </p>
    <p>

</p>
    <p>
    <a href="http://www.lacanau-loisirs-nautique.com/index_en.php">http://www.lacanau-loisirs-nautique.com/index_en.php</a>
    </p>
    <p>

</p>
    <p>
    Even if you phone and ask to speak to Geraldine Jamin she could give you some advice on sizes.
    </p>
    <p>

</p>
    <p>
    cheers
    </p>
    <p>
    Ali
    </p>
  • HortonHorton Posts: 29,988 Administrator
    <p>
    For me the A1 seems a little big per size. I might ride a 68" Radar but I think 67" is the right ski for me with the HO.
    </p>

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes