Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you have skied both Mapple skis - you agree how the differences are described on their web site?

ZmanZman Posts: 1,495 Crazy Baller
edited September 2013 in Skis Fins Bindings

If you have skied both Mapple skis - you agree how the differences are described on their web site? 9 votes

Yes
22%
Alvin_Neffjp 2 votes
No
22%
dislandscuppers 2 votes
Tough Call
55%
SkiRVwcalrobertsDragojayskibigtex2011 5 votes

Comments

• ZmanZman Posts: 1,495 Crazy Baller
    Here are the characteristics as described at the Mapple web site...
  • Alvin_NeffAlvin_Neff Posts: 79 Solid Baller
    Yes
    Both skis are awesome and deliver stability and an early path as described. I think the different shape and surface areas will be skier specific based on height, weight, and style of skiing. I love my 6.0 and look forward to another trip to the Mapple Performance center next week! Any skier that is looking for a competitive edge should make a reservation to demo these skis!
  • kstateskierkstateskier Posts: 524 Solid Baller
    Alvin - when are you going to be in Orlando? I'll be down there the weeks of 10/20 and 10/27.
    KStateSkier
    Bradley Beach - Lone Rock Ski Club, Missouri
    2004 Malibu Response LXI, 2014 D3 Helix 66"
  • DragoDrago Posts: 1,578 Mega Baller
    Tough Call
    I just voted to see the results. I would like both, 6.1 on my off side, 6.0 on my on side
    SR SL Judge & Driver (“a driver who is super late on the wheel and is out of sync”)
  • scuppersscuppers Posts: 435 Baller
    No
    @Drago I agree completely. The 6.1 rocked on my off side no matter where I was standing on it, but kept dumping me on the on side no matter what I tried (@32 off). The 6.0 is much more balanced. To me they are quite different skis.
    Chuck Link, Deland Florida
  • A_BA_B Posts: 4,140 Mega Baller
    My friend WAS on a 6.0, just came home with a 6.1 and said he ran 3 out of 4 35offs on the 6.1, which is more consistency than he has seen on the 6.0. I would say that he had trouble staying over the front of the ski on the 6.0, as his style is to ride the tail a little more than ideal. He has been into deep 38 though, on my old 9900 and the 6.0. He must have thought there was enough difference to buy his second Mapple within a year..