Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reflex release?

I was on their website looking at stuff to fulfill my addiction... And I ran across what looks like a silvretta 500 release but is actually labeled as a "reflex 750 waterski" release. Wonder if there is a difference? Anyone heard anything on it?

Comments

• BrewskiBrewski Posts: 427 Crazy Baller
    Silvretta discontinued making the 500. It appears that Reflex has bought the tooling and is making it themselves now. Same release, but a couple of nice changes to make it easier to read the spring torque settings.
    Waternut
  • giddyupgiddyup Posts: 40 Baller
    what is the differance in the reflex 500 and the 750 release i see some dealers are listing both but i only see the 750 on the web
  • MattPMattP Posts: 6,111 Mega Baller
    Reflex bought the tooling from Silvretta for the 500 and call it the 750 now.
    good to know
    thanks
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 6,002 Mega Baller
    At least they won't keep changing now. I bought three complete setups the last year of the 400 two for my son and one for my trick. Now he needs a new boot and the old boots aren't around. I know you can drill the cleat off on the back and fix but it is a pain. Replacing the releases and buying a new boot for him is a $450 expense which I am trying to avoid.

I know the new releases are stronger but I keep an eye on things and I have some backup releases around.
    Mark Shaffer
    Can a person take apart the 400/404 release and tig weld up the weak spot spots on the cross bar that breaks
  • Mark PetrieMark Petrie Posts: 21 Baller
    What size boot does he have? I have 2 size 9 left foot forward that I no longer need as I upgraded to the new version.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 6,002 Mega Baller
    @Mark Petrie he needs the size 10 boot in a left. We have one I decided to go back to the Strada I have instead of spending the money right now. I wasn't totally convinced the Reflex was better for my skiing anyway.
    Mark Shaffer