Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Turn Island feature

rwskierrwskier Posts: 235 Solid Baller
edited November 2013 in Videos, Photos & Media
Matt McCuddy and Ron Warman added a new feature to one of the turn Islands at Warman Lake.imageimage
Russell W. -
I5boiWishjipster43BulldogWaternutMattPRezKcSwerverErik4cSkiJayTUPSkoot1123AggieSkierGloersenXR6HurricaneschaferallycatJohnCoxSusanT

Comments

• WishWish Posts: 7,893 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    They should have the lake name just under the "Ski Nautique" in the same lettering. But that is seriously cool.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • BulldogBulldog Posts: 1,014 Crazy Baller
    That is the coolest island ever!!! Nice work.
    Mike Loeffler - "Someone somewhere is having a real problem today...My bad skiing is NOT one of them"
    SusanT
  • KcSwerverKcSwerver Posts: 389 Baller
    That is sooo awesome!
  • GOODESkierGOODESkier Posts: 1,107 Crazy Baller
    Needs a flag pole over the pylon. Cool though!
    2003 Nautique 196 LE Star Gazer & ZBox - GOODE NANO OneXT 66.75" - Powershell 5 (LFF) - Tournament PB: 2 Balls @ 39.5' OFF (34.2 MPH) on 7/18/2015 at BIG DAWG BROHO!
    KcSwerverMattPE_TSusanT
  • MattPMattP Posts: 6,034 Mega Baller
    Awesome
    Who drew the short straw on cleaning all the leaves from that tree out of it?
  • HortonHorton Posts: 28,321 Administrator
    That just sucks. You guys are all wrong. That good old thing should be cleaned up and loved.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ McClintock's

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

doonezMonkstr6100XR6HurricaneBrewski
  • GOODESkierGOODESkier Posts: 1,107 Crazy Baller
    @Horton I know there is one pretty similar near your new place at Ski West....... you too could own a beauty like that. Think of it as a lake ornament until you get enough "pee" to fill the lake up, then move it to an island............. or buy and ski that wake for old times sake!
    2003 Nautique 196 LE Star Gazer & ZBox - GOODE NANO OneXT 66.75" - Powershell 5 (LFF) - Tournament PB: 2 Balls @ 39.5' OFF (34.2 MPH) on 7/18/2015 at BIG DAWG BROHO!
    ForrestGump
    @GOODESkier If I could collect boats like I do skis I would

• DragoDrago Posts: 1,588 Mega Baller
    @horton catagorically agree with you. Old stuff is cool
    SR SL Judge & Driver (“a driver who is super late on the wheel and is out of sync”)
    Brewski
  • BG1BG1 Posts: 178 Baller
    Is that a 1977 SN?
  • Steven_HainesSteven_Haines Posts: 1,039 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    It looks to be in good shape! I'd rather have it in my garage. It seems like a waste out on the island.
    Brewski
  • tfriesstfriess Posts: 401 Baller
    How does one get a SN up onto an island?
    Can I just ski 24/7?
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,937 Infinite Pandas
    Islands really get in the way... Was the skier OK?
    WishBrewski
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,848 Mega Baller
    edited November 2013
    perfect end for the old battle cruiser! just dont molest the pylon! they are worth a pretty penny. Anny one looking for island art of their own.... let me know I have plenty of units up for the task!
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

• Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,848 Mega Baller
    Just picked this jewel up for $300 !!!!
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

• jipster43jipster43 Posts: 1,432 Crazy Baller
    That's a lot of ambition for a turn a island! Someone must have easy access to a crane.
  • andjulesandjules Posts: 828 Mega Baller
    Sheesh, I spent a lot of time behind one of those when I was younger. It'll teach you to be stacked through the wakes.
  • klindyklindy Posts: 2,336 Mega Baller
    edited November 2013
    That looks like a 1978. It's EXACTLY the same as the first Correct Craft my family owned. Look really close and you can see the "date" on the decal 3rd from the back. The decal was a "Correct Craft" from 1936 - 19xx badge. Each year they bumped up the date. This one clearly isn't 1977 and looks to be 1978.
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Vice President
    AWSA Southern Region EVP
  • mwetskiermwetskier Posts: 1,329 Mega Baller
    the next step is to drill drain holes in the hull, fill with top soil and plant a tree in the middle of it. if it looks like the tree grew up thru the hull so much the better.
  • A_BA_B Posts: 4,181 Mega Baller
    My first SN was a '77. The air scoop is different on a '78 if I remember correctly, but I can't see it too well. The decal pointed out above should also tell what it is. The serial number stamped on the transom should also tell.
    Sad to see one of that era up on the rocks. Lots of great memories as a River Rat and first boat to make a run on our borrow pit turned into a ski lake.
  • GloersenGloersen Posts: 936 Crazy Baller
    Awesome! But it deserves a pavilion built over it.
    A_B
  • mattmmattm Posts: 35 Baller
    It is a 78. I found out the original owner today and turns out I know him. He bought the boat right out of high school.
  • fu_manfu_man Posts: 433 Crazy Baller
    Yard art....go big or go home. I agree with Horton but in this case with no motor, etc. this is way cooler than a one way ticket meeting with a Sawzall.
  • jhughesjhughes Posts: 982 Mega Baller
    At least take those Airguides out and sell them. They are worth some coin.
    @jhughes
    I would mount one on my office wall

• mattmmattm Posts: 35 Baller
    edited November 2013
    How much coin? Now accepting offers. Would like to recoup some of the crane cost.
    edited November 2013
    I would like one for my office wall

• XR6HurricaneXR6Hurricane Posts: 327 Baller
    Hell, where I come from that boat would still be on somebody's lift or tied to someone's pier for another 20 years. Even with no motor.