Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am having skiing withdrawals

Anybody else have a limited ski season and having a hard time adjusting to not being able to hit the water? I skied the most I have in the past 15 years this season and can not wait for next year. I put together a video, because I can't ski, with Go Pro software of me and my ski buddies. Let me know who else needs a trip south for a few sets.

Comments

• 6balls6balls Posts: 5,209 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @skifan...serious withdrawal here...ice chunks blowing into my shore this a.m...soon to be a solid sheet.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • ThePantsManCanThePantsManCan Posts: 453 Baller
    I walked past the back sliding glass door this morning and felt the sun for the first time in a month. Geez, you can almost understand why ancient cultures used to worship the thing!!! I soon found myself sitting on the floor with my eyes closed trying to soak in the heat.
    60% of the time, it works.... All the time.
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,437 Mega Baller
    Withdrawal should be eased this weekend. Local hill partially opens on Saturday for the other ski season.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    kona
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,826 Mega Baller
    After having some of those tornados rip through my area - 1 mile from my house - I am really ready for ski season to return.
  • skinutskinut Posts: 411 Baller
    Nope, I just shift from liquid h2o to frozen h2o.
    kona
  • DUSkierDUSkier Posts: 143 Baller
    skied twice after work this week, one night was no heater top too =)
    Nigel Sparrow
  • BulldogBulldog Posts: 1,014 Crazy Baller
    Missing the open water... Trying to get the back yard rink up and running.
    Mike Loeffler - "Someone somewhere is having a real problem today...My bad skiing is NOT one of them"
  • jcampjcamp Posts: 802 Mega Baller
    The new snows skis on their way to me right now will help a little bit. But just a little bit.
  • SusanTSusanT Posts: 64 Baller
    After reading these posts, I am almost feeling guilty for whining that I can't ski tomorrow because of rain. So glad I live in Arizona and will be skiing again on Wednesday after the rain is gone. Actually, a good chance I will find a chance to get in a set or 2 between rain drops this weekend.
    Susan Talarico - Ski hard or go home!
    waterskiarizona.com
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,642 Crazy Baller
    @DUSkier & @SusanT is that an invitation?
    In gear. Hit It. Thank You!
    SusanT
  • DUSkierDUSkier Posts: 143 Baller
    @Bill22 If your willing to do the 30 plus hours in transit to get here,,,sure!! =)
    Nigel Sparrow
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,642 Crazy Baller
    @DUSkier Oh, DU must be "Down Under Skier". Your season must be just getting started.

I think I will have to pass on a set this weekend. I don’t think I could make it in time.
    In gear. Hit It. Thank You!
  • WaternutWaternut Posts: 1,511 Crazy Baller
    I'm missing all my skiing and boating friends more than I'm missing skiing itself. Not that I'm not missing skiing because I am but my priorities have shifted slightly.

I will say that me missing skiing is a bit wussy compared to the northern guys considering I quit skiing when the water and air were around 65 degrees. I'm willing to ski in a shorty but anything past that and my hands and feet freeze before I get out of the water on the first pass.
  • ThePantsManCanThePantsManCan Posts: 453 Baller
    6 days till I hit the snow. Hold. It. TOgether!
    60% of the time, it works.... All the time.