Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ECM and ZO convert 2008 Malibu Response

addkerraddkerr Posts: 170 Baller
Hey Guys,

Looking at converting a 2008 DBW Malibu Response 320hp.
Never done the conversion before so looking for a little help. Im trying to find the eControls ECM that I need in order to install ZO as currently a MEFI, but have no idea where to buy this from and what price.
The other question is do I require any additional harnesses to complete this conversion?

Failing this its an upgrade to stargazer and Zbox.

Any help would be appreciated.
Many Thanks
Adam

Comments

• GloersenGloersen Posts: 916 Crazy Baller
    try Tim White

inboardsolutions at gmail dot com
  • jayskijayski Posts: 801 Mega Baller
    I replaced the ECM and installed ZO in my previous LXI, 2007, was super easy and took about an hour. Just have to make sure the econtrols ECM is flashed for your boat year/motor and its all plug and play, no extra harnesses.
  • addkerraddkerr Posts: 170 Baller
    Thanks
    @jayski did you source the ECM personally or buy it from a dealer. just struggling finding an outlet.
  • jayskijayski Posts: 801 Mega Baller
    I actually got it from a friend that was going to do the conversion, he got it from the dealer. It was flashed for an '08 so my dealer sent it to get flashed for my '07...I'm sure @Jody_Seal could set you up also...
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,583 Mega Baller
    Bakesonline.com might have them.
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,655
    Could you get ZO to work on a 2004 LXI response?
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski - KD Platinum

• ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,052
    It would take a complete retrofit of later model harness, ecm, throttle, gauges, etc.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• DougDoug Posts: 45 Baller
    The ECM that you see on bakesonline is the wrong one you need a three header mefi 5 replacement i just did a 2008 Malibu's last month you can call me with any ? 909 223 4427 i have done 5 malibu's now
    kstateskier
  • bajabaja Posts: 249 Baller
    I can attest that @Doug is the expert on these Malibu ZO conversions. He did my 2007 Response LXI in mid June 2013. Smooth as silk.

As the only ZO boat on my lake along with a half dozen fantastic Nautiques with PP, my boat seems to be very popular on Fridays before tournaments.