Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GoPro position

ralral Posts: 1,762 Mega Baller
Anyone putting the camera on the ski tip pointing to the front?
Rodrigo Andai

Comments

• ralral Posts: 1,762 Mega Baller
    @jdubs, thanks amd congrats! How old are them, and what ski/size is she in?
    Rodrigo Andai
  • JdubsJdubs Posts: 105 Baller
    Oh thanks. That was a couple of years ago so I think they are both on 59" ski. Boy was 5 and girl was 6.
    Which ski? I need one, but have found only 62"...
    Rodrigo Andai
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 6,004 Mega Baller
    @jdubs great video those kids have a great future in front of them if they want it.

@ral when they are small there is usually nothing wrong with a bigger ski. More support at slower speeds.
    Mark Shaffer
  • JdubsJdubs Posts: 105 Baller
    My son was on the OBrien siege jr. and my daughter was on an old Kidder (which she doesn't use but won't let me sell). Still have the little OBrien if you are looking to buy one. I am guessing you don't care if it has a Gopro mount on it. I also have a Wiley's XXS binding that mounts up If you are looking for a new one - I also have an Obrien elite jr 62" I am also looking to let go. If you are interested my wife would love to rid the house of some of our old skis.
    @Jdubs, problem is I am located kind of very south from where you are...
    Rodrigo Andai
    MattPampacdanperkinsperkins
  • RazorRoss3RazorRoss3 Posts: 1,356 Mega Baller
    I've never mounted the gopro on my ski but I have had a friend who had a harness and wanted me to wear it for a promo video for our collegiate team. It came out fairly cool, you could see the tip of the ski cross under the rope in the finish of the turn and it was an interesting view in the reach.
  • MarcusDskiMarcusDski Posts: 15 Baller
    @ral I have given up on using the gopro on the front of my ski. Sure, it gets cool footage but I found that when crossing the wakes the mount would snap clean off. I contacted gopro about this and they replaced the mounts but I still would rather use it on my chest, which is also a cool angle.
  • Alberto SoaresAlberto Soares Posts: 316 Solid Baller
    @ral - 3 years ago, terrible water, no edition

ral
    Thanks Alberto!
    Rodrigo Andai
    thager
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,876 Mega Baller
    Nice Fisher Orange!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,314 Mega Baller
    @ral The best forward facing GoPro footage I've seen is the last third of this Adam Sedlmajer video:

www.FinWhispering.com ... Your ski should be your dance partner, not a wrestling opponent
    Brady
  • ski6ski6 Posts: 52 Baller
    - Go Pro Summer

- Go Pro Winter

Have a look here at my videos. There is some Gopro footage from the ski. I used the suction cup mount from gopro and seems to hold.
    Follow me - Youtube:skitrav | Instagram: skitrav | Twitter: skitrav | Facebook: Travis Fisher | Snapchat: skitrav - Weekly GoPro Tips, Mounts, Reviews and Videos! HO Ski's All the way!
    ralskifanBradyTexas6
  • kmenardkmenard Posts: 158 Baller
    suction mount, sawed off noodle with zip ties, and a tether.

• ski6ski6 Posts: 52 Baller
    Some gopro shots from summer in South Africa!
    Follow me - Youtube:skitrav | Instagram: skitrav | Twitter: skitrav | Facebook: Travis Fisher | Snapchat: skitrav - Weekly GoPro Tips, Mounts, Reviews and Videos! HO Ski's All the way!
    SkiJaylundbergBrady
  • Tom351Tom351 Posts: 121 Baller
    A GoPro on a mini course turn buoy works well if you are not looking to see your entire pass (and can keep it pointed in the right direction)

These angles that I have done look cool- but are not practical for everyday use or skiing at 100%:

oldjeep
  • Cusefan78Cusefan78 Posts: 80 Baller

• slalom frogslalom frog Posts: 104 Baller
    He is a still shot from a GoPro video shot from my ski.