Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Prostars New Tower

Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 698 Crazy Baller
New Tower for the Prostar.
Looks beefy and functional.
Bulldog

Comments

• ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,052
    I posted pictures of it a few days ago in the Prostar pics thread.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• JdubsJdubs Posts: 105 Baller
    Actually looks like the tower would not effect short line
    No, it doesn't. They said they've had some deep 41 behind it with that tower on the boat.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• BRYBRY Posts: 585 Crazy Baller
    What does one need a roll bar for on a boat? Seems it wouldn't work too well on water. Not a race boat so also seems one should be able to keep it off the beach.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,757 Administrator
    Seems silly to spend all that time making a boat with no wake and then putting a tower on it

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

ralschaferBrady
  • Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 698 Crazy Baller
    @ShaneH...hadn't seen your pics till just now after your comment.
  • MAD11MAD11 Posts: 578 Crazy Baller
    Best thing about that tower is it looks easy to unbolt and remove. Same with the one on the 200. Always struggle to see what the point is on those models. That being said, that's why it's called an option.
    Horton
  • boarditupboarditup Posts: 585 Crazy Baller
    I've had a tower on all of my slalom boats - great place for the speakers and the high point makes towing boarders or little kids a lot easier. When recreational skiing, with a full boat, the high point allows the seats to be full. I want a full 6'6" under the speakers so I don't knock my head, though. The mini-towers were useless for me.
    Karl DeLooff - Powered by the wind
    scotchipmanBrady
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,428 Mega Baller
    My comment from the other thread:
    My .02 - MC makes beautiful boats and god awful looking towers. This one isn't quite as ugly as the previous transformer versions, but jeeze talk about taking an elegant looking boat and making it look bad.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    andjules
  • andjulesandjules Posts: 819 Crazy Baller
    @oldjeep EXACTLY. Thankfully this one is a step in the right direction but doesn't really fit with the design lines of the boat.
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 2,117
    I believe Marcus may of had some input into this to provide for shortline skiing..Thats a first, and Kudos to MC for those that want a tower, especially for their kids.
    Special Thanks to Performance Ski and Surf and the Denali Adam's !!!
    Brady
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,130 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I would like it easily removable. Would use it like a barefoot boom...on when I need it, not when I don't(Most of the time).
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • Mateo_VargasMateo_Vargas Posts: 850 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I like how the line from the end of the windshield continues through the tower. Wonder how it looks with a Bimini?
    Success is failure that just hasn't happened yet
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,428 Mega Baller
    edited December 2013
    What I wonder is how often the driver is going to bash their elbow into the huge knob that is used for removing or folding the tower. Just for grins, compare the MC tower to those from Malibu, Centurion, Nautique and even Moomba who is just buying Roswell towers.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • WayneWayne Posts: 452 Baller
    I still think its a shame Titan disappeared and their T3 is locked out of production (I think due to a patent, but not sure). Relatively easy to remove, strong and it doesn't look too bad. It could usually be mounted so it wouldn't interfere until after 38' off or better but I'm biased since I ordered my Response LXI with one.
  • Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,197
    If I had a dollar for every person who banged their head on my 197 mini-tower, I'd be really wealthy
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
    All the guys at the dealer meeting who saw and drove the boat loved the tower.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• WayneWayne Posts: 452 Baller
    @scotchipman. Yes that is a Titan T3. I have a polished one (was the same price as black powder coat) on my 2009 with a Bimini that goes over the top of the tower. I got tired of ducking under a standard Bimini on our old boat. My wife calls it our "$2500 Bimini". It does help with teaching deep water starts and as many people make fun of towers as roll cages, my T3 saved my windshield on a houseboat trip. Some heavily loaded wake boat drove by way to close and slammed my Response into the houseboat.
  • theboardingschooltheboardingschool Posts: 127 Water Ski Industry Professional
    That's actually my boat, and the tower is incredibly easy to take off. One person could do it if you needed too. And, you can do it in under 30 seconds. I teach a ton of beginners, skiing and wakeboarding, so it makes it really nice for that.

I'll be honest the first picture I saw of it, I didn't like it. But, now I genuinely do. It looks a lot differently with the bimini up as well.
    Brady
  • BradyBrady Posts: 1,083 Mega Baller
    I love the tower on my Prostar. I also have a boom. However, the tower is almost as easy to teach kids to ski as the boom.
    I ski, therefore I am