Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

radar impact vest deal

foxriveratfoxriverat Posts: 584 Crazy Baller
Just scored a new 2012 Radar decibel reversible impact vest off ebay for $39.99 free shipping. They only have small and medium left. Just passing on a good deal.
2000 Malibu Response LX 2019 65 HO Syndicate Omni Vapor Bindings

Comments

• ToddLToddL Posts: 2,847 Mega Baller
  • foxriveratfoxriverat Posts: 584 Crazy Baller
    Thanks ToddL I wasn't sure if posting the link was allowed
    ToddL
  • WishWish Posts: 8,118 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Just ordered mine (backup vest for when mine dies) . Hoping for a good fit. If not, there will be a brand new vest on SIA for cheap....
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    19skier
    They have some good deals in their ebay store. Some weekends they will have 30% off everything. In september I picked up a new 2013 67 Radar senate with double highwrap featherlite bindings for $375 shipped
    @foxriverat I forgot to say thank you for the post. Much appreciated. Shows how we middle classers can afford the sport by helping each other out like this. Seen it happen many time here on BOS. Another reason for BOS being the best.
    Ed_Johnson
  • eurosporteurosport Posts: 52 Baller
    Ordered a medium last night thinking that was what I had tried on at Miami ski nautique the other day. I checked this morning again since I was in the store and realized I needed a small since they stretch out. Came back home and quickly messaged the seller (Havasuwaterski) and within minutes they responded saying not to worry they were sending a small instead of medium. About 10 minutes after that I received a tracking number and the jacket is already in transit. Amazing service! Thanks @foxriverat for sharing a great deal with fellow ballers.
    Wish
    Thanks guys. Glad I could help out.
    edited December 2013
    Well, just ordered the rope too. That's $150 in savings..vest and rope. Or basically a vest and get the rope free. NICE!!
  • xratedxrated Posts: 506 Solid Baller
    Wow. I am kicking myself right now over why I insist on wearing a CGA vest.
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,634 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited December 2013
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    @JayG80 good call on the rope, just ordered one up
    Chuck P
  • StickmanStickman Posts: 35 Baller
    Probably a dumb question, but for those of us not using a Perfect Pass Switch, where are you placing the "switch" section of rope? At the pylon, after 43', or at the handle? Thanks.
    It says: Additional non-switch section included

So I'd assume that you just swap it completely off the rope
    Chuck P
  • xratedxrated Posts: 506 Solid Baller
    thanks @oldjeep I actually was looking at the x-vest.

Stupid question but with a 11 section rope what is the longest line?
    It says it is a 60ft rope in the ad - so 15 off
    Chuck P
  • AggieSkierAggieSkier Posts: 200 Baller
    $239 Jobe Hybrid Drysuit. Ordered the last Small. They only have size XL left. Wonder if they are discontinuing? http://www.jobestoreusa.com/product_p/300812006.htm
  • dtm8119dtm8119 Posts: 174 Baller
    Thanks for the tip on the rope!
    Dan Cloutier
    Another question regarding rope length...so this rope is 60 ft long (15 off). But when you add the handle section to it that is 5' long it becomes 65 ft long. So aren't you really technically skiing 10 ft off??
    Dan Cloutier
    This kind of describes what I mean better. If you're just buying the rope by itself w/out the handle, shouldn't it be 54' 10.5" long instead of 59' 10.5" since you would be adding a 5' section with the rope to make it a true 15' off of a 75' rope?

Or am I missing something here?
    Dan Cloutier
  • AggieSkierAggieSkier Posts: 200 Baller
    The Radar Strada rope has nylon identification sleeves for rope sections from 15' off thru 41' off. The entire rope is the same color so the ID sleeves are useful.

@Stickman The switch section is attached between the 41' off section and the main tow line.

@dtm8119 I did not measure but it should have a nominal length of 55' not 60'.

I believe the new Radar rope is now called Vapor, hence the closeout on Strada rope.
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,456 Mega Baller
    @stickman - add the switch segment at the handle end, but pay attention that it stays there when you change handles, a zip tie is a good idea for insurance, wouldn't be the first time a segment got removed and no one noticed
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • DustyDusty Posts: 315 Baller
    As long as you're careful, it can go any of several places. i prefer it at the pylon end of the running line so that it doesn't get removed and lost or confuse the rope monkey when swapping handles... :-)
    Thanks JayG80 I just ordered the rope. Chicago boat show is in 2 weeks. I can check out some handles to go with it.
    edited January 2014
    Warning:.

After some unfortunate FedX issues, I finally got my Radar Vest. It is really nice. Way better then I expected. Nice job Radar!! That's the good news. The bad news is it doesn't fit. Not even close. I questioned a M when I was ordering so I had my wife measure my chest with a sawing tape measure. Right at 40". The add says 37-40" for a Medium. I likem snug so ordered it. It's not even close to fitting. Like 4" to get the zipper sides to touch...no over weight jokes please ;) So I thought I would post my findings. I have 1 day to get it returned for money back according to Ebay Policy (thank you FedX Grrrr!). Hopefully the gentleman on sales end will honor that. But if not, there will be an unused, brand spankn new M size vest on SIA.
    Just spoke with the gentleman selling the vest. Very nice and very accommodating. I think I threw him off. I didn't purchase it with my Ebay account and did the purchase as an Ebay guest further complicating things. But he was very understanding and as said, accommodating. No problem with returning it. He was suppressed that there was a size chart on the Ebay page so that tells me it may be wrong and for me it was. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again. But I will go with my gut on sizing with any item off any add unless I see a manufacturers size chart link.
  • GroovyGrantGroovyGrant Posts: 52 Baller
    @wish just tried mine on a few minutes ago (after FedEx delays here too). Fits about the same as yours. Glad to know the dude is nice cause I'm about to ask him to take mine back, too. It is a really cool vest though so I hope the large fits me.
    Grant Miller--Table Rock Lake, Missouri
    edited January 2014
    @GroovyGrant. He did not have any larges even when he ran the add. It seems it was old stock of only S and M sizes (all new and NICE!!) . Thinkn the size chart was a mistake. His phone number should be on the box it was shipped in as part of the shipping label. I am going to respect his business and not post that here. But, it should be on the box.
    Luckily I was able to squeeze into my med 5.7 165 38 inch chest. Tight fit though. I read somewhere they stretch out some. But I guess you have to be able to get it on to stretch it out.
  • WBLskierWBLskier Posts: 476 Baller
    I just fit in mine but it is really tight. Hoping that won't make it more likely to unzip in a crash as some have commented. Any thoughts?