Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

waterski mag 35th anniversary issue

6balls6balls Posts: 5,275 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
Coolest issue ever! For a guy my age it brings back so many memories of aspiring to be what the top pro's were at the time in the glory day of cash prize skiing and TV coverage. Hopefully it stirs even better memories from those pro's that made it happen who are legends today. Props to Todd and waterski mag, props to the legends well covered in this issue.
Dave Ross--die cancer die
D-LawSpencer_Shultz7

Comments

• rodltg2rodltg2 Posts: 1,051 Crazy Baller
    I wish I knew where to pick one up. Haven't seem an issue on the shelves in years
  • webbdawg99webbdawg99 Posts: 1,067 Mega Baller
    @rodltg2 If you have an iPhone or iPad, download the Zinio app. You can get the digital copy there.
  • BulldogBulldog Posts: 1,020 Crazy Baller
    It is a very good issue, it restores my faith in the magazine.
    Mike Loeffler - "Someone somewhere is having a real problem today...My bad skiing is NOT one of them"
  • ralral Posts: 1,741 Mega Baller
    Great issue! Those days were so great in terms of TV coverage that even in Chile we got them in the air. And there was no cable here only 4 open TV channels.
    Rodrigo Andai
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 1,175 Mega Baller
    @rodltg2
    subscribe! it's dirt cheap and always fun to read....https://waterski.bonniersubscriptions.com/HAA0-001/?lnk=waterski&loc=topnav
    madcityskier
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,975 Mega Baller
    I get it electronically but wouldn't mind a hard copy. I thought it was a great issue.
    Mark Shaffer
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,828 Mega Baller
    Is the next issue the 35th anniversary edition? Still waiting for mine.....been so long since my last issue that I wonder if they even have me as a subscriber...
  • MarcoMarco Posts: 1,416 Crazy Baller
    @Skoot1123 -That is exactly the reason we stopped getting the mag 3 years ago...
  • JohnCoxJohnCox Posts: 357 Crazy Baller
    Check out page 20....:)
    Mapple T2
    www.mappleskis.com
  • JohnCoxJohnCox Posts: 357 Crazy Baller
    Very cool edition. Todd and the guys did a great job....spent a good bit of last night reading through all those articles. Brought back a lot of fun memories.
    Mapple T2
    www.mappleskis.com
    Hoping it's in my mailbox when I get home....
  • ZmanZman Posts: 1,557 Crazy Baller
    I see a pretty, young girl on page 20. Is there something else?
    JohnCox
    Was in my mailbox when I got home. Will be fun to actually take the time and review it.
  • One_SkiOne_Ski Posts: 70 Baller
    John Cox - impressive write-up - Congrats, John, and compliments on keeping with the program, both in fitness and skiing -- I saw you at Little Mountain last week, but didn't hear how your skiing went. I checked into John DeFendis - his website discusses how he's seen hundreds of folks do relentless aerobic exercise, with no visible benefits. What stuck with me was his statement that aerobic exercise slows your heart rate/metabolism, and the result may be weight gain. The idea of resistance training to build lean muscle makes good sense to me - I think I'll back off on my aerobic training some and focus more on resistance training. Thanks for the pointers.
    JohnCox
  • ralral Posts: 1,741 Mega Baller
    @Zman, I wish the young girl pic in the bottom of page 45 was full-res. Man, I loved those 80's swimsuits...
    Rodrigo Andai
    kmenard
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,330 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Great issue! Love the '83 boat price comparison.
    Scott Calderwood
  • Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,197
    Cover to cover - great work and another great issue
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
  • kmenardkmenard Posts: 158 Baller
    @ral I said the same thing to my wife and got the eye roll :)