Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Syndicate V-TYPE R eye candy

HortonHorton Posts: 28,947 Administrator

The Syndicate has one goal: build the world's greatest tournament water ski. Syndicate skis are more than water skis. They represent the pride, determination and passion of the sports' greatest minds and most talented athletes. For 2016, The Syndicate is proud to announce our greatest slalom super-ski to date, the all new Syndicate V-TYPE R. Elliptical Rocker, Matching Ski Width, Carbon Speed Skin and Stability Tuning are the details, but the proof is on the water.

Check out some of the world's top pro skiers including Will Asher, Jon Travers, Matteo Luzzeri, Nick Adams, Breanne Dodd, Geena Krueger, Jaret Bull, Igor Morozov and more ripping turns on the all new V-TYPE R.
Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ Basta ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar 

Stella Blue ★ Stokes ★ World WaterSki League

Skoot1123kellybrewer

Comments

• aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,468 Mega Baller
    What is Elliptical Rocker? I'm having trouble conceptualizing.
  • IlivetoskiIlivetoski Posts: 1,186 Crazy Baller
    Looks like the tip rises out of the turn more than the past v type
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 6,004 Mega Baller
    @Ilivetoski I don't believe you can make a general judgement on tip rise out of a video like this any more than the generalization I have seen about the Vapor.
    Mark Shaffer
    aupatkingThan_BoganHortonOnside135
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,879 Mega Baller
    @aupatking Then PR has done it's job!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    aupatkingBill22
    What do you mean @thager? You and I should release a new ski using elliptical rocker, infinite bevel, and 45 degree bi directional torsional flex. And a tail that wiggles?
    Seriously, there's some good stuff coming out now, I just have no idea what they're talking about here. Rocker, as I understand it, is lengthwise curvature, or possibly the degree of curvature in an arc.
    Elliptical? Are we saying half an ellipsis? Does that mean symmetrical rocker, lengthwise?
    I'm lost..
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,608 Mega Baller
    edited August 2015
    Infinite bevels do sound cool!

I'm holding out for a transdimensional portal projector. Why pull when you can just teleport to the other side??
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    aupatking
  • HortonHorton Posts: 28,947 Administrator
    @aupatking they spend months tweaking the tiniest details and the some marketing guy asks them to describe it. All of the ski companies say crazy crap in their ads.

They can say whatever they want because we know when the ski hits the street skiers will either love it or not. My bet is this ski is going to be pretty successful.
    Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ Basta ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar 

Stella Blue ★ Stokes ★ World WaterSki League

aupatkingfox197inland
    edited August 2015
    @Horton if it's anything like the V-Type (I'm about to buy) I'm certain it's something special. I was just very curious about what design features created the "elliptical rocker" description. I've been on everything from the Syndicate team since the A1, and they've not let me down yet. Kinda been kicking myself for trying something different
  • Mo2204Mo2204 Posts: 28 Baller
    @aupatking If your question about the elliptical rocker is still up to date you should take a look at the 2016 catalog. It has a good picture of the rocker in it. There is a pdf in one of the discussions here http://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/13975/2016-ho-skis
    aupatking
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,706 Mega Baller
    @Than_Bogan how many rides do you get out of the portal projector before you have to recharge the ski?
    Thank you so much @Mo2204 I'm about to order a 67. That's the first I've been able to find info.
    Mo2204
  • Mo2204Mo2204 Posts: 28 Baller
    @aupatking No problem I am happy that i could help :)