Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mapple Tribute video

HortonHorton Posts: 28,550 Administrator
Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ Basta ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar 

Stella Blue ★ Stokes ★ World WaterSki League

Tagged:
estromklindyMichaelGoodmanHortonmatthewbrownMarcodvskiingski6jonesRazorRoss3The_MSozski303SkierDanERAKskibumsamSkoot1123DonT9400Pat Musaski1thagerGroovyGrantskier2788DaveDskihartpvysohlidWishJWebSkischaferHPskier1Bruce_Butterfieldart90notchMJ1gjohnsonsunvalleylawJJVDMZNMoggiemarkchilcuttsantangelojcampMurrskiChris TaylorrwskierJustinErik4cdthatewilecoyote[Deleted User]wtrskiorSpuddyjipster43BMG73RTHEISMattPbogboyJordanwaterskicoreySunlandStevepuddymulletmapple_fanMuskokaKyEd_JohnsonJAGdave2ball

Comments

• 303Skier303Skier Posts: 468 Solid Baller
    Amazing!
  • Mastercraft81SnSMastercraft81SnS Posts: 116 Baller
    Awesome!!!!!
  • pvysohlidpvysohlid Posts: 10 Baller
    Just awesome!
  • Ralph LeeRalph Lee Posts: 492
    That edge change!! Loved Andy's style behind PP
  • gjohnsongjohnson Posts: 316 Solid Baller
    That brought tears to my eyes.
    Greg Johnson ~ Team Beer
    Horton
  • sunvalleylawsunvalleylaw Posts: 1,259 Mega Baller
    Loved that. Also loved seeing Plake, another one of my heroes for different reasons, out there on a waterski. But most of all, a great tribute to Andy Mapple.
  • customskicustomski Posts: 90 Baller
    What a loss, great tribute.
  • StuboStubo Posts: 1 New Baller
    Very very sad time for the world of water-skiing, met Andy on a couple of occasions, he would always be very welcoming. A massive loss to our world, but will always be in our thoughts and on the water with us, for a long long time to come. RIP Andy xx
    RTHEIS
  • RTHEISRTHEIS Posts: 9 Baller
    edited August 2015

I took this picture a couple of weeks ago, when I saw it today my wife and I felt very sad
    usaski1mapple_fan
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,274 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Just watched a youtube about the T-series where Andy just smokes 41 and gets his ski around 4 @ 43. He must have been 50 years old are you kidding me?????
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    Texas6
  • WishWish Posts: 7,933 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited August 2015
    @Greg Lukin I have that poster. Best WS poster ever!!
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    Greg Lukin
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    I watched the video and was reminded yet again of the patented Andy Mapple double pump into his one, three, five. Watched him do that from the boat at his site last year and it was just amazing. So happy we have it on video, so sad I won't see it in person again.
    Jim Ross
  • JdubsJdubs Posts: 105 Baller
    humbling yet humble - a true class act
    E_T
  • MoggieMoggie Posts: 105 Baller
    @6balls do you have a link to that video, I'd love to see it.
    A bad day on the water is better than a good day in the office.
  • skier2788skier2788 Posts: 756 Crazy Baller
    Travis Torley
    skibumsamusaski1Moggiemapple_fan
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,274 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    The way he ran up to 4...granted if you slow-mo it appears a 4 ball overturn before video cuts out and not getting to 5...you cannot tell me a complete 43 was not in Andy's tank. @mike_mapple once made a veiled post that made it sound like Andy had perhaps run 43 in practice. Perhaps we will never know but my guess is it went down, perhaps not on video but it went down. Would be cool...how fitting for Andy to run out of shorter segments on the line.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    mapple_fan
  • schaferschafer Posts: 311 Solid Baller
    @wish @Greg Lukin id love to get one of those posters. I imagine they are near impossible to find.
    Quest for the Purple Loop
    Greg Lukin
  • Stathis VentourisStathis Ventouris Posts: 106 Baller
    Still I do not want to believe what happened.... , a huge loss for the waterskiing family. An idol for so many...THE GOAT
  • bogboybogboy Posts: 699 Solid Baller
    I will never forget the privilege of riding in the boat last May, and watching Andy go up the rope, through 39.5. What a treat to see. A truly wonderful, nice man. God bless.
  • Greg LukinGreg Lukin Posts: 89 Baller
    @schafer maybe we should take it to a printer and see if they can print some out - I ski with Geoff Carrington's dad - he was amazing before his accident. I'd love to get a framed copy!!
    Hortonschafer
  • mapple_fanmapple_fan Posts: 15 Baller
    Godspeed Andy!!
    Jdubs
  • MuskokaKyMuskokaKy Posts: 437 Solid Baller
    Legend forever!